Thread: Hong Kong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't for one section think that all 7.5 million would migrate here any more than when we had free movement for 500 million that they would all come here.

But I think it would be morally the right thing to let them decide if they want to do so and cope accordingly considering China has betrayed the agreements made before handover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't for one section think that all 7.5 million would migrate here any more than when we had free movement for 500 million that they would all come here.

But I think it would be morally the right thing to let them decide if they want to do so and cope accordingly considering China has betrayed the agreements made before handover.
    Interesting that you would think not all inhabitants may want to move to the UK as their lives are falling apart around them. It's not just going to be more autocratic rule, it's the falling away of the legal basis under their economy. A lot of poor people who are laid off may very well think giving the UK a go is a good idea. Or are we talking again about one of those fake generous offers where you only take in people who have got something to offer to yyou and will you let the rest rot just like in 1997?
    Congratulations America