Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: US protests against police violence

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Police even attacked John Cusack because he was filming. Can we mark them as out of control yet?
    I mean, there are worse people to attack. Have you seen 2012? Just saying.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

https://www.wowt.com/content/news/Om...570925571.html

"No charges in Scurlock death; family responds after Douglas County attorney outlines lack of case"

Hell fucking yeah. Sweet justice! Hopefully the guy's friend who participated in t he attack on the owner faces felony murder charges later after everything dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Silly OG. Your target has to be a person to be a war crime. He's talking about people who might potentially become criminals. By definition they can't be people.
    He might consider them to be two thirds of a person as a compromise.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    He might consider them to be two thirds of a person as a compromise.
    RB you are embarrassing yourself, you are referring to the 3/5ths compromise not two thirds. Stick to UK issues

Yeah because 6% changes everything. You got my reference.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    RB you are embarrassing yourself, you are referring to the 3/5ths compromise not two thirds. Stick to UK issues
    Lmao, mate, when you're as dumb as you are, you should avoid trying to call someone else dumb or ignorant—it just draws more attention to your own stupidity.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Watch this with the sound on. Just incredible.

WTF America
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Do we really need more proof that police brutality in the USA is endemic rather than an endless string of incidents?

I'm sure Trump's redneck supporters loved his bible swinging, but the whole episode was a disgrace. The man isn't fit to be President, the Constitution should specify that you need to be human before you can be elected for office.
    Congratulations America

Can anyone imagine cowardly Trump meeting protestors like this?

In comparison, Trump had the police attack a peaceful protest so he had an avenue to a church where tear gas was used to chase off the priests. Even the bishop spoke out for how wrong the entire thing was.

“Let me be clear: The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, at one of the churches of my diocese, without permission, as the backdrop to a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our churches stand for.” “I am outraged,” she fumed. “The president did not pray when he came to St. John’s nor did he acknowledge the agony of our country right now.”

Bishop Budde
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And the Lord said give unto thee ALL CAPS

Episcopalian church leaders responded to President Donald Trump’s use of St. John’s Episcopal Church for a photo-op Monday evening, forcibly clearing what was by all accounts a peaceful protest outside the White House with flashbangs, tear gas, and brute force. “I am outraged,” Right Rev. Mariann Budde, the Episcopal bishop of Washington, told the Washington Post, in the immediate aftermath of the staged spectacle. Budde told the Post that the church was unaware of Trump’s intention to use the place of worship for what was essentially a photo shoot with a Bible and that the church does not condone the president’s conduct. “Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence,” Budde said. “We need moral leadership, and he’s done everything to divide us.” The head of the Episcopal church in the U.S., Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, accused the president of using “a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes.”

“He did not pray,” Budde said of Trump’s publicity stunt in an interview with the New York Times. “He did not mention George Floyd, he did not mention the agony of people who have been subjected to this kind of horrific expression of racism and white supremacy for hundreds of years. We need a president who can unify and heal. He has done the opposite of that, and we are left to pick up the pieces.”

The rector of St. John’s, Gini Gerbasi, recounted in a Facebook post Monday night the moments that led up to the presidential publicity stunt.

The police in their riot gear were literally walking onto the St. John’s, Lafayette Square patio with these metal shields, pushing people off the patio and driving them back. People were running at us as the police advanced toward us from the other side of the patio… We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John’s, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear. We were pushed back 20 feet, and then eventually - with SO MANY concussion grenades - back to K street. By the time I got back to my car, around 7, I was getting texts from people saying that Trump was outside of St. John’s, Lafayette Square. I literally COULD NOT believe it. WE WERE DRIVEN OFF OF THE PATIO AT ST. JOHN’S - a place of peace and respite and medical care throughout the day - SO THAT MAN COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT HE COULD POSE IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH WITH A BIBLE! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!

I am deeply shaken. I did not see any protestors throw anything until the tear gas and concussion grenades started, and then it was mostly water bottles. I am shaken, not so much by the taste of tear gas and the bit of a cough I still have, but by the fact that that show of force was for a PHOTO OPPORTUNITY. The patio of St. John’s, Lafayette square had been HOLY GROUND today. A place of respite and laughter and water and granola bars and fruit snacks. But that man turned it into a BATTLE GROUND first, and a cheap political stunt second.

“I am DEEPLY OFFENDED on behalf of every protestor, every Christian, the people of St. John’s, Lafayette square, every decent person there, and the BLM medics who stayed with just a single box of supplies and a backpack, even when I got too scared and had to leave. I am ok,” Gerbasi concluded. “But I am now a force to be reckoned with.”
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...oned-with.html

Shocking. Imagine if President Obama had cleared a Church with tear gas wielding thugs for a photo op.

I'm not religious but for those who are this must surely be absolute heresy. To attack a holy Church and drive the bishop out of it with force?

That's not how it has been presented at the Lewkosian media.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

I'm not religious but for those who are this must surely be absolute heresy. To attack a holy Church and drive the bishop out of it with force?
    For the Bible-thumpers? No, those were Anglicans. Practically Papists. And definitely Democrats. Not worth their concern or time.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Can't get over how gross that stunt was. The dull-witted death-cultists are fawning over their orange golden calf as the rest of the world looks on in disgust.

He didn't order the attack on the protesters for the photo op, he held the photo op so he could order the attack on the protesters. The coverage of his bunker trip got to him that badly. This is just a taste of how he is going to lash out as the election draws closer and the numbers don't come back in his favor, and its going to remain a shit show up until he is removed from office.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trump is a scum bag
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Trump is a scum bag
    Hey, you can talk about our King like that.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Surprised his bone-spurs allowed him to walk that far without assistance.

Imagine being THIS keen to put on a fascist performance on camera:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...e6a20ea55.html

American law enforcement.

Fuckers must really need their jobs if they're willing to gas a priest so Trump can show he's able to hold a bible without scorching his hands.

He called out to his Mom .... who died 2 years ago on this same day. RIP
    Handcuffed.
    Face Down.
    Knee on his neck.
    They did nothing.

He called the officer "Sir."
    They did nothing.

He begged for his life.
    He begged for water.
    He begged for mercy.
    They did nothing.

His nose bled.
    His body trembled.
    He lost control of his bladder.
    They did nothing.

He cried out, "I can't breathe."
    They did nothing.

Twelve more times.

"I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."
    "I can't breathe."

They did nothing.

One last time, he gasped, "I can't breathe."
    They did nothing.

He lost consciousness.
    They did nothing.

A firefighter demanded they check his pulse.
    They did nothing.

Off duty medical personnel begged them to stop.
    They did nothing.

Deprived of oxygen.
    His organs screaming.
    His brain frantic.
    They did nothing.

They watched George Floyd die.
    His life fading.
    A slow death.
    They did nothing.

A lynching on the ground.
    They did nothing.

For eight agonizing minutes.
    Four officers watched.

He cried out for his Mom...
    A grown man...
    Crying out for the woman who gave him life....
    As he feared joining her in death.
    And still they did nothing.

A black man.
    A gentle giant.
    Murdered because he was black.
    And still, they've done nothing..

The officers should be arrested.
    And still they've done nothing.

Loved the "Does anyone know how this thing works?" picture.

But for god sake, nobody better tell him there are four more seals to go.

It's weird what pathetic little babies American cops are:

Who would have thought George W Bush would be the republican conscience. But he has been since before Trump was elected. Both former Bush Presidents, before HW died made it clear four years ago what they thought of Trump.

The modern GOP not only isn't the party of Lincoln anymore, it not only isn't the party of Reagan anymore, it isn't even the party of George W Bush anymore.

The modern GOP is an embarrassment.

Don't give them to much credit. Bush Sr's tough on crime push laid the roots for a lot of trouble we have with the police nowadays. War on drugs brought the racism, and the tough on crime push turned them in COD wannabes.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-03-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Tough on crime or broken windows policing doesn't or shouldn't entail extrajudicial killings. This Lewkian nightmare is not the same thing.

There's a difference between arresting someone and charging them for minor crimes before they escalate and taking either pleasure or a cruel indifference in snuffing out someone's life.

I wonder what jail is like for him?