"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Making paramedics complicit in police violence by injecting Ketamine:

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/25/...use-minnesota/

Sad little children throwing a tantrum on the taxpayer's dime:

Sharp criticism from Louisville SWAT members re. Breonna Taylor's killing: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/artic...lors-apartment

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Sharp criticism from Louisville SWAT members re. Breonna Taylor's killing: https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/artic...lors-apartment
    I bet the grand jury was not allowed to consider that information.

VICE News reached out to Massey on two separate occasions by phone. Both times, he declined to comment. LMPD didn’t respond to a request for comment.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I bet the grand jury was not allowed to consider that information.
    That's an interesting thought, I haven't been able to find any info about it.

These look like they're from two different movie trailers, but it's actually real life:

Three times? They wrongly raided the same family, at the same address, three fucking times?!?!?! That's not failing to verify. That's not even gross negligence. That's someone involved within the PD deliberately trying to terrorize that family.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

And why on earth would you handcuff someone naked? That seems like abuse too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm still not getting why the courts do not hold the officers involved personally responsible. As long as the police departments and the officers are not subject to punishment themselves this won't change.

Yes, insurance. But insurance companies also have a "gross negligence" clause where they do not need to pay out - or, at least, where they do pay out but are allowed to demand the money back from their former insurance taker.

I also do not get why the insurance companies are not invoking that clause more often.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

The US is effectively a police state. Not in the typical form of the government having complete power over you, but in the literal sense of the police being free to do whatever it wants to you with the full knowledge it will face no consequences for those actions. And if any politician dares challenge the police, it either goes after them illegally or refuses to do its job in the politician's district.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    I'm still not getting why the courts do not hold the officers involved personally responsible. As long as the police departments and the officers are not subject to punishment themselves this won't change.

Yes, insurance. But insurance companies also have a "gross negligence" clause where they do not need to pay out - or, at least, where they do pay out but are allowed to demand the money back from their former insurance taker.

I also do not get why the insurance companies are not invoking that clause more often.
    Start requiring all officers to carry a personal misconduct insurance and maybe some of them will finally be taken off the streets. No insurance, no policing.

Won't matter when they know most arbitrators and juries will never vote against them. Too many Lewks in this country.

Fascinating—albeit somewhat sickening—article:

Can't reform these individuals.

Why are American cops so bad at managing situations involving people with mental health issues and cognitive impairments?
    Because they're trained as "warrior police" instead of guardians or peace-keepers. We generally don't have first responder teams trained for mental health crises (other than EMTs), so the police respond to every 911 call prepared to restrain and/or use force. And since we have so many guns in the US, it's actually not unreasonable for cops to presume everyone might be armed--which makes them act defensively from the onset, even if they're trying to de-escalate a situation.
    (And we all know they're not very well-trained in that, either.)

Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I guess he couldn't punch out Covid with an uppercut either. Different tools work for different situations. Who could have guessed?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Sigh.

Uuuhhh

https://jalopnik.com/cop-flips-pregn...er-1847062704/

Police used PIT on 144 drivers last year, killing three people.
    Just defund these mfers. Specifically, take away their cars, guns, and badges.

If only we had more police officers on the streets.