Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: US protests against police violence

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Yes, I'd agree. I was aware that the question might be provocative. Nevertheless I thought it was important and interesting; but perhaps more in relation to the UK protests than the US.
    UK (and other non-US) protests are joining in on the bandwagon and as much to do with people being bored after months of lockdown as it does what's actually going on.

The Police here are nothing like the Police in the USA.

The US is five times the UK population but I believe its the case that the US Police kill more people in one year than the UK Police have ever killed in the past 150 years put together.
    In 2018 the UK Police killed 3 people (all terrorists IIRC) while their US counterparts killed a thousand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I wouldn't consider it offensive, but it's not harmless either. It's more along the lines of a confirmation for why.
    Not harmless and harmful is kind of the same for people who would use the word offensive to describe that kind of language.

It makes the difference between a man choking another man to death and a deeply racist law enforcement agency killing another black man on trivial grounds. Should 'we not overreact' or should we burn down the police station and demand real change.

Every day we waste on that discussion is another day the system can kill again.
    Congratulations America

Choking a man to death for 8 minutes and 46 seconds is inexcusable and repugnant and demands serious action no matter the motive.

Whether he did this because he was a racist or he did this because he was a petty little man on an ego trip wanting his authoritah respected and his victims skin colour didn't matter is somewhat moot. Something has to change.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Mind boggling. You are part of the problem.
    Congratulations America

Atlanta (CNN)Hours after a fired police officer was charged with felony murder for fatally shooting a man in the back, Atlanta police officers are not responding to calls in three of the department's six zones, multiple sources within the Atlanta Police Department said.

Though the department denied that was the case, a police union director backed CNN's sources' accounts and said that, in some instances, officers were refusing to leave their precincts unless a fellow police officer required backup. He expects more officers to miss work Thursday, he said.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/17/u...lls/index.html

"If you don't let us murder people, we won't do our jobs". Absolutely pathetic.

And why do people insist on calling this phenomena 'blue flu' when 'swine flu' is right there?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post

And why do people insist on calling this phenomena 'blue flu' when 'swine flu' is right there?
    Because swine insinuates they have Pride Integrity and Guts.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Three of the cops were POC, how can you insist that its racial? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Three of the cops were POC, how can you insist that its racial? Makes no sense.
    If they aren't willing to find murder committed by their colleagues to be something meriting objection or action on their part, why should we think they wouldn't ignore racism?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Demanding action is part of the problem?

So you'd be OK with the Police committing murder so long as it isn't racially motivated? I'm not, whether its racially motivated or not the problem needs dealing with.

Clearly needed more training in how to not get caught:

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...ait-free-read/
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

More fapping material for our resident sad sack:

Stormtroopers cracking down on violins in the streets:

Good article on how US police became increasingly "militarized"....along with crappy data collection/oversight.

Over several decades, the 1033 program has shipped over $7.4 billion of Defense Department property to more than 8,000 law enforcement agencies.

https://www.wired.com/story/pentagon...-1033-program/

Lewk's heroes enabling rape. No punishment.

Norman police say they are investigating after a city councilwoman claims her neighbor was raped by a stranger who had the wrong woman, meaning to rape her.

Norman Police Department's internal affairs unit is investigating allegations against two officers. These officers are accused of sharing personal information online about a city councilwoman. This all stems from a now-deleted Facebook post over the weekend where city councilwoman Alexandra Scott said she was the intended target of an alleged sexual assault involving her neighbor. Scott was also concerned about her address being leaked online and said it was done by police officers.
    https://kfor.com/news/norman-pd-inve...t-to-rape-her/

https://www.news9.com/story/5efe6166...al-information
    Hope is the denial of reality

Remarkable cultural difference between the USA and UK. In the USA leaking the address of Councilwomen to rape them, in the UK the address for most Councillors is public domain information in the first place - its on the ballot paper in elections.

Not really a difference, RB. Where I live local elections have candidate addresses on the ballot as well, and I imagine it's in the public domain for any elected official because of residency requirements.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Just imagine how bad the stuff the police do that they actually feel the need to hide is.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

ACAB

The US is a third-world shithole:

I never want to hear another goddamn word about how heavily armed Americans will rise up and a resist an oppressive government.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 07-17-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Depends on who's getting oppressed. Whites being forced to wear masks...
    Hope is the denial of reality

The reason why federal agents are in Portland is that federal building are being targeted and the local PD (due to Mayor) refuse to crush the vandals and rioters. Under no circumstances can violent mobs be allowed to go unpunished and the revolving door of instant bail in Portland is allowing that. There is no healthy fear of consequences and hopefully federal policing agents backed up by federal charges will change that calculus.

Lewkowski's idea of what a "healthy fear of consequences" looks like.

Cop who ‘threatened to shoot protesters through door of his home’ accidentally kills fellow police officer at front door

"Alexander Training Sergeant Matt Wharton said in the documents he reprimanded Salyers and told him that shooting through the door would be “reckless and negligent.”

Wharton said he told Salyers that cops couldn’t just shoot anyone without first identifying them as a threat"

Because obviously, a trained police officer needs to be reminded of that..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Newspaper confirms: US is a shithole country

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    That is literally Gestapo tactics.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The reason why federal agents are in Portland is that federal building are being targeted and the local PD (due to Mayor) refuse to crush the vandals and rioters. Under no circumstances can violent mobs be allowed to go unpunished and the revolving door of instant bail in Portland is allowing that. There is no healthy fear of consequences and hopefully federal policing agents backed up by federal charges will change that calculus.
    You're defending the above video of random people getting kidnapped by government agents because of previous graffiti incidents by unknown culprits?

Get the fuck out of here you hypocritical piece of shit.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."