Thread: Ethnic identities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Its magic I believe, or at least an ability and one that her grandmother had that skips a generation.
    Been so long I had to look it up, its her stethoscope thats considered magic. Abby used to watch it but has moved on to paw patrol.

I mentioned it originally cause the Doc being black caused some ripples when it was first announced and Disney made it clear they weren't going to fairytale it, which some minorities see as not helpful.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Been so long I had to look it up, its her stethoscope thats considered magic. Abby used to watch it but has moved on to paw patrol.

I mentioned it originally cause the Doc being black caused some ripples when it was first announced and Disney made it clear they weren't going to fairytale it, which some minorities see as not helpful.
    Its in the season 4 premier "Welcome to McStuffinsville" which was an hour long special they go into the origins of it, she has the ability to use the magic stethoscope. Her grandmother also has the ability and she gave the stethoscope to her. Disney Junior regularly put that episode on as an hour long special still titled that rather than just another episode of the seires.

Chloe doesn't watch it anymore much either, she's moved on to YouTube more than any particular TV show.

The exception is if she's sick. Chloe woke up throwing up last week and if she's sick our tradition is to tuck her in under blankets and put Doc McStuffins on. It cheers her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.