Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ongoing corruption of the DOJ

Default Ongoing corruption of the DOJ

Thought it might be appropriate to start a thread in anticipation of the upcoming hearings about Barr's misconduct and his apparently successful efforts to corrupt the DOJ:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/23/88237...=1593013558233

Prepared statements:

Zelinsky - https://judiciary.house.gov/uploaded...paign=4024-519

Elias - https://judiciary.house.gov/uploaded...paign=4024-519

Perhaps even more shocking than the corrupt dismissal of Berman, because these two suggest more widespread dysfunction. Not sure how long it'll take for the DOJ to recover.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The hearing has given Republican legislators many opportunities to make asses of themselves.

Banana Republic or failed state?

You guys should take me off ignore...but fine I'll just re-post my thread here,

USA Executive Branch Expands Indemnification Plan For Its Leader

You don't even need to read between the lines.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...HcW?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...thern-district

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN23R0TJ

At least the states will still be able to prosecute Trump once he leaves office.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Sorry, I missed that one; the threads should be merged.

Still begs the question: is the US a banana republic or failed state?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Sorry, I missed that one; the threads should be merged.
    Above is all that was in that thread so consider them merged.

At this point we need a venn diagram, delineating "conservatives" from the RNC, and Trump's administration from, well, everything.

"American Exceptionalism" is a myth, full stop. We don't really care about Equal Justice under the Law, or even democracy of and by the people. We just like to ride our high horse, and tell others they should do better, even when we've failed to meet the standards we set for ourselves. It's embarrassing.

Isn't the venn diagram for an authoritarian a single circle?

Almost certainly corrupt, deeply embarrassing at the very least:

Pretty fucking damning:

Propaganda lies require corroboration to pass muster with the non-Believers. What's the issue? I bet Lewk has no issues with this. Heck, this whole report is probably a fabrication by the Deep State, which is part of antifa, after all. And all this persecution of some very fine Fascists is just flat un-American.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Jfc...

Shithole country—not a sketch

So that's how you drain a swamp.

I must admit, I thought it meant something else.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I'd rather good people in the system didn't resign and just said no and dragged it out instead. Need to get to 20 January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Sit on this and spin:

Disgusting that an election loser can lash out vindictively like hat.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Trump is attempting a coup and to overthrow American democracy. Regardless of people's politics or how people voted any true American "patriot" should value democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...eople/2464168/

"A man who tried to run for mayor in Hawthorne is among two people charged in a voter fraud case in which thousands of fraudulent voter registration applications were allegedly submitted on behalf of homeless people, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced Tuesday.

Carlos Antonio De Bourbon Montenegro -- also known as Mark Anthony Gonsalves -- was set to be arraigned Tuesday in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom on 18 felony counts of voter fraud, 11 felony counts of procuring a false or forged instrument, two felony counts of perjury and one felony count of conspiracy to commit voter fraud, along with nine misdemeanor counts of interference with a prompt transfer of a completed affidavit, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Montenegro, 53, allegedly submitted more than 8,000 fraudulent voter registration applications between July and October, as well as allegedly falsifying names, addresses and signatures on nomination papers under penalty of perjury to run for mayor in Hawthorne."

Obviously irrelevant to the broader electoral map but people who claim "There is no voter fraud" are utterly ignorant or lying.

Article continues:
    "No votes were ever actually cast. The registrar caught on quickly and flagged the applications so nobody actually voted."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Obviously irrelevant to the broader electoral map but people who claim "There is no voter fraud" are utterly ignorant or lying.
    Or they've read the whole article.

So that's the best you can come up with? A case where there was an attempt at voter fraud, but was rooted out?

You're adorable
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Aside from the fact that nobody claims there's zero fraud, just that it's negligible (and interestingly mostly from Republicans from the reports I've seen so far).

Just because there are some isolated cases doesn't mean the elections are fraudulent or rigged. Because they're not - if anything they are rigged to the advantage of the GOP.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    if anything they are rigged to the advantage of the GOP.
    Indeed, the entire electoral college system is biased toward the GOP voter base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.