Thread: Trump's phone calls

Default Trump's phone calls

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/29/p...rns/index.html

What a genuinely sad and pathetic little dingus. Imagine being so corrupt or so cowardly that you'd want to prop up this threat to national security.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

These officials' concerns about the calls, and particularly Trump's deference to Putin, take on new resonance with reports the President may have learned in March that Russia had offered the Taliban bounties to kill US troops in Afghanistan -- and yet took no action.
    Yes, imagine knowing things that directly impact America's national security and doing nothing, Mr. Annoymous Official.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Yes, imagine knowing things that directly impact America's national security and doing nothing, Mr. Annoymous Official.
    Have you seen what's in Trump NDAs? Anonymity prevents you from being joined to the tail end of a human centipede.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I doubt nda's are in use in that setting.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I imagine leaking national security secrets like that could see you end up in jail very quickly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Trump has compelled his henchmen to sign NDAs. If "Anonymous" is one of them, there's a good chance s/he's signed one as well.

Is that even legal?

I doubt they could be enforced. I am going through the Bolton book and I don't think Bolton seems encumbered
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Trump has compelled his henchmen to sign NDAs. If "Anonymous" is one of them, there's a good chance s/he's signed one as well.
    Surely intelligence like this is classified anyway and covered by security laws without NDAs.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

We're talking about three separate things, I think. I was responding to Steely and Being re. "Anonymous", who may have been compelled to sign a Trump-NDA (consensus seems to be that they're likely not enforceable against federal employees, but having that tested in court might be costly and inconvenient). The lawsuit against Bolton rests on standard govt. NDAs, and opinion is divided re. his likelihood of prevailing. The intelligence leaks are indeed a separate matter.

Indeed my point is that this was intelligence so whether there was an NDA involved or not is moot. Existing laws would surely apply without needing an NDA to ensure silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    We're talking about three separate things, I think. I was responding to Steely and Being re. "Anonymous", who may have been compelled to sign a Trump-NDA (consensus seems to be that they're likely not enforceable against federal employees, but having that tested in court might be costly and inconvenient). The lawsuit against Bolton rests on standard govt. NDAs, and opinion is divided re. his likelihood of prevailing. The intelligence leaks are indeed a separate matter.
    Most likely the DoJ would be the party taking action. They would have a hard time convincing a court that it's justiable at all. They'd be pushing a civil case on behalf of the administration.
    Congratulations America