Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typos

Default Typos

Sure I've probably asked for all that you guys wish to dish out on me and I shall take it like a man I deserve it. However please realize than sometimes when I type, my punctuation and spelling isn't exactly perfect. I'm usually in a hurry for some reason. I notice a lot of you love getting off on my bad typing and I say hey whatever gets you off! Just please try somehow to be a little more understanding though. Thank you all! Love ya hunnies!

Default Re: Typos

I think someone needs a bit of a timeout from the new thread button
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    I think someone needs a bit of a timeout from the new thread button
    Huh? I only have 3 so far. You say that as if I'm taking over the forums or something.

Edit:
    Besides I need to get my post count up.

Quote Originally Posted by Weber

Huh? I only have 3 so far. You say that as if I'm taking over the forums or something.

Edit:

I think someone needs a bit of a timeout from the image bbcode

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar

Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    I think someone needs a bit of a timeout from the image bbcode
    Don't you agree with the statements I have made with them concerning this thread?

People can't spell in this day and age. I'd know, I pretend to be an English teacher. I'm just doing it for the money though.

No.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Maybe we should start a new standard in this forum and start pointing out people's mistakes?
    Congratulations America

I thought that's what Timbuk2 was for?

Oh yeah? And how do you spell timbuktu?

I think a better forum tradition to start would be kicking in the face people who post only to increase their post count.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Is everyone watching their spelling now? :P

And Spawnie, I didn't know you even had another reason for living?

Firefox is watching my spelling.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Chrome is watching mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop
    I thought that's what Timbuk2 was for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie
    I ... uh ...

I ...

Starting a sentence with a conjunction.
    No capitalisation of the proper noun.

C -

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie

I think a better forum tradition to start would be kicking in the face people who post only to increase their post count.
    It's a common practice you twit! Everyone wants there post count up, they just don't always express that.

It's a common practice you twit! Everyone wants there post count up, they just don't always express that.
    "their"
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    "their"
    Dammit...I knew that!

Weber, do you have any other special needs you'd like people to cater to?
    You've already played the "my life sucks, but I'm not looking for sympathy" sympathy card.
    Should people use smaller words?
    Larger fonts?

Do you have thoughts of suicide? It's important to know so people can tip toe around you and not have another Frogpole incident.

Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler
    Weber, do you have any other special needs you'd like people to cater to?
    You've already played the "my life sucks, but I'm not looking for sympathy" sympathy card.
    Should people use smaller words?
    Larger fonts?

Do you have thoughts of suicide? It's important to know so people can tip toe around you and not have another Frogpole incident.

Please advise.
    Nope none at all! Why do you have any? I mean it seems to me that you may be a little unstable yourself, constantly going out of your way just to try and insult me. So you must feel threatened by me in some way. Do I scare you with my openness? Do I intimidate you with my grammatical genius? :lol: :lol: :lol: It is common knowledge that people who go around and "stock" others can have a multitude of serious mental instabilities.

So I have an assignment for you

Your homeowrk:

If I were you I would go sit in a corner and quietly think about why it is you feel the need to comment on everything I say in these forums.

Nope none at all! Why do you have any? I mean it seems to me that you may be a little unstable yourself, constantly going out of your way just to try and insult me. So you must feel threatened by me in some way. Do I scare you with my openness? Do I intimidate you with my grammatical genius? :lol: :lol: :lol: It is common knowledge that people who go around and "stock" others can have a multitude of serious mental instabilities.

So I have an assignment for you

Your homeowrk:

If I were you I would go sit in a corner and quietly think about why it is you feel the need to comment on everything I say in these forums.
    Please stop posting

You need to apologize to Rettib. And quit being an ass. Because he is employed (even owns his own business), has a spouse, and owns a home.

What do you have going for you again?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

He'll soon be regalling us with stories of how each and every morning he attends to his shaving needs by lathering up his manly beard, then heading off into the wilderness with nothing but a pair of jeans and a belt. He then looks for a grizzly bear. Finding one, he then stalks it to determine whether it is male or female. This weighs heavily in determining the next step in the shaving process. If the bear is male, he will approach it straight on and kick it in the balls. If female, he'll punch one of her cubs square in the face. He then offers up his lathered face to the ensuing onslaught of bear rage. After the bear has given him a smooth, clean shave, he will strangle it with his belt. He then carefully cleans, and skins it to provide himself with a bath robe, and enough bear meat to make a breakfast of bear sausage, with a side of bear hash. Of course he doesn't tell us this story to brag, but to illustrate how tough his mornings are, and how manly of a man he is, in case anyone might have questions about it.
    . . .

Illusions, don't you mean "he 'stocks' it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions

He'll soon be regalling us with stories of how each and every morning he attends to his shaving needs by lathering up his manly beard, then heading off into the wilderness with nothing but a pair of jeans and a belt. He then looks for a grizzly bear. Finding one, he then stalks it to determine whether it is male or female. This weighs heavily in determining the next step in the shaving process. If the bear is male, he will approach it straight on and kick it in the balls. If female, he'll punch one of her cubs square in the face. He then offers up his lathered face to the ensuing onslaught of bear rage. After the bear has given him a smooth, clean shave, he will strangle it with his belt. He then carefully cleans, and skins it to provide himself with a bath robe, and enough bear meat to make a breakfast of bear sausage, with a side of bear hash. Of course he doesn't tell us this story to brag, but to illustrate how tough his mornings are, and how manly of a man he is, in case anyone might have questions about it.
    I eat chumps like him for breakfast!

Eww.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Illusions, don't you mean "he 'stocks' it?"
    I'm sorry I'm not hip to the preparing an animal to be both food and a bathrobe lingo...
    . . .

Look! Another plea for sympathy!