Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UK politics

Awful. Glad she's been suspended. Hope she resigns.

Cummings would have got less coverage if a.) they didn't try to deny it at the beginning and b.) he didn't lie to us in that ridiculous rose garden charade.

Edit: c.) his wife didn't write a Spectator article about the whole experience and failing to mention any of his account.

Edit: d.) claiming he predicted the virus in his blog, only to have someone show he'd edited that blog this year.

Edit: e.) he wasn't a criminal in the first place.

Edit: f.) Idiots didn't camp outside his house hurling abuse at him.

Edit g.) The PM did what he should have done and fired him.

h) He pissed off upto 48% of the country and the bulk of the establishment four years ago before the epidemic began.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Absolutely. Don't forget all those people who didn't vote. I can't image breaking electoral law and proroguing parliament illegally went down well with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Absolutely. Don't forget all those people who didn't vote. I can't image breaking electoral law and proroguing parliament illegally went down well with them either.
    I can't imaging they could care less about it.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Of course you can't, because you don't mind being lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    This is far, far worse than Cummings but will no doubt get a fraction of the coverage.

Yep, although I'd say the biggest problem I had with Cummings is the crappy excuses. If he had said sorry it wouldn't have been as big of a story either.

But yeah, MPs have a role as an example and it's, I think, more important that they follow the rules in cases like this.

By the way, I didn't think Cummings should have been fired (not for that at least), but the denials and excuses is what ticked me off.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Of course you can't, because you don't mind being lied to.
    People who don't vote don't care about minutiae like Parliament being prorogued.

Other people might, but not non-voters.

Can you give any evidence that people who do not vote specifically care so much about the timing of the proroguation of Parliament?

Nope.

Can you provide evidence that all Brexit voters supported his bullshit? Which is certainly what you implied.

Nope. Just opinions.

Nope.

Can you provide evidence that all Brexit voters supported his bullshit? Which is certainly what you implied.

Nope. Just opinions.
    You are hardly impartial. You were happy to write that you "despise" Cummings long before any of this. Your judgement is clouded.

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...ngs#post210546

BTW in case you missed it, Vote Leave 'breaking the law' as you claimed was all a figment of Carole Codswallop's fervent imagination. The Courts cleared them.

This is far, far worse than Cummings but will no doubt get a fraction of the coverage.

From a stupidity point of view, this is pretty appalling.

She did not lie though, she did not try to cover it up, she did not make up fantastical excuses. She owned up to her stupid mistake.

And that is why Cummings is worse, and why he got far more press coverage, and why he deserved to get far more press coverage.

You see, it's this thing called taking responsibility for your actions, however stupid they may be. That a politician at the top of the ruling party is incapable of that most basic and most necessary of ethics, indeed one which is taught to and understood by five year olds, is why Cummings is a miserable lying little prick.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 10-02-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

You are hardly impartial. You were happy to write that you "despise" Cummings long before any of this. Your judgement is clouded.

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...ngs#post210546

BTW in case you missed it, Vote Leave 'breaking the law' as you claimed was all a figment of Carole Codswallop's fervent imagination. The Courts cleared them.
    I don't claim to be impartial. I despise the man because I despise liars.

Are you genuinely claiming to be impartial in all this?

You've basically claimed that all Pro Brexit voters support him. You challenge me to provide evidence of my claim, yet you can't do it yourself.

And your judgement is clouded because Johnson and Cummings represent Brexit. And if they stink, Brexit stinks.

I'd forgotten they had appealed. Thanks for the reminder.

He's still a miserable lying little prick, and the sooner he and that useless shit Johnson are gone the better.

Of course I'm not claiming to be impartial nor did I claim that "all Pro Brexit voters support him" - that claim came from you not me.

I said 48% disliked him due to Brexit, that doesn't imply anything about the other 52%.

It really doesn't get us anywhere when you try and score a point by claiming someone is impartial, when you're exactly the same. Odd.

So what's your impartial opinion on how the 52pc feel about Cummings?

I don't think the 52% cared that much either way about Cummings prior to this news story this year, whereas much of the most fervent supporters of the 48% like you hated him and had him as a bogeyman before any of this broke.

So earlier you asked me for evidence about a claim like that. Have you any evidence to support your impartial thoughts?

I don't claim to be impartial. I'm just saying you're not either. We're both partisans.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

It's not quite there yet, but it's sinking close to Trump levels of narcissm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

If that already counts as a compliment..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I hope for the other nations of the UK that they will manage to get their independence from the UK.
    Congratulations America

More on this:

Keep muckraking. It's already been investigated but that won't stop you throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks.

Keep muckraking. It's already been investigated but that won't stop you throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks.
    Can you provide the details of how the investigation was conducted, what it found, and how the findings relate to an admission from one of the subjects? Because it kinda sounds like you're presenting a Trumpian "total exoneration!!!" argument similar to how the Mueller report was misrepresented by your Trumpian counterparts on the other side of the Atlantic.

Wasn't that investigation based on the premise that they didn't have an affair?

Surely one party now admitting otherwise changes things significantly.

Wasn't that investigation based on the premise that they didn't have an affair?
    The investigator believed there was reason to suspect they were having an intimate/sexual relationship. He concluded that there was insufficient evidence of Johnson using his influence directly to favor Arcuri, and that there was therefore not enough to justify recommending a criminal investigation. He made special note of the difficulty of investigating these events given that almost no relevant communications were retrievable (happened a long time ago, and neither official records nor private communications had been adequately preserved). He referred the matter back to the GLA, leaving the issue of breach of the Code of Conduct open—but explicitly acknowledging that what little was known might be sufficient to constitute a breach. Of particular relevance:

The evidence supports that Mr Johnson arranged directly with Ms Arcuri to attend lnnotech events as a favour to her, and not at the recommendation of his staff, who were surprised and/or unhappy about him doing so. Mr Johnson must have known Ms Arcuri had a pecuniary
    interest in lnnotech, as he had attended its events and it is reasonable to infer he knew she received sponsorship from L&P (since it was advertised at those events). It is also reasonable to infer that he knew Ms Arcuri had been accepted by the GLA for the Malaysia trade mission, since he was present with her, and that he must have been aware that she attended events at the New York and Tel Aviv trade missions at which he was also present
    Last edited by Aimless; 10-17-2020 at 08:17 PM.