Thread: Should it be illegal to try to identify a police officer?

Default Should it be illegal to try to identify a police officer?

Interesting (read: absurd) case:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Officers here must be readily identifiable by their badge number on their uniform. I don't think there's a need to be able to dox someone so long as the number or something else identifiable is visible.

Ie you should not be approached by an officer with no identification at all but if the uniform simply says SO5752 on his badge then if it becomes necessary he should be able (through the appropriate channels) to be identified from that. There is no need to say online that SO5752 is John Smith who lives at 123 Main Road and normally leaves his house at 8am with two children he takes to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This case specifically involves an officer who was not readily identifiable.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I know which I think should be illegal in itself. An officer should never not be readily identifiable (unless they're out of uniform eg undercover). But given they were wearing a mask I'm assuming they were in a uniform in which case that uniform IMO should include an identification badge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.