Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kenosha shootings

THANK YOU I was wondering why the hell someone would design a chair like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Everything about this country is so dumb and repugnant, I mean look at this fugly-ass chair:

Sadly, I bet I know exactly how that happened. Block funding from the state down to the county level and if they don't use it all they lose it and they'll get less next year. But you also don't get the freedom to allocate it, proportions will have been earmarked for various areas (training, building maintenance, IT upgrades, etc) either from higher up or in your own projection and you can't deviate from that or it will trigger an audit.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    In 2002, after redistricting, Gabbard won the four-candidate Democratic primary with a plurality of 48% of the vote. Gabbard then won the general election with 65% of the vote, defeating Republican Alfonso Jimenez.[76] At the age of 21, Gabbard became the youngest legislator ever elected in Hawaii's history, and was at the time the youngest woman ever elected to a U.S. state legislature.[50][51]

n early 2011, Mazie Hirono, the incumbent Democratic U.S. Representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district, announced that she would run for the United States Senate. In May 2011, Gabbard announced her candidacy for Hirono's House seat.[91] The Democratic Mayor of Honolulu, Mufi Hannemann, was the best-known candidate in the six-way primary, but Gabbard won with 62,882 votes (55%); the Honolulu Star-Advertiser called her win an "improbable rise from a distant underdog to victory."[92] After winning the primary, Gabbard resigned from the City Council on August 16 "in order to focus on her congressional campaign"[93] and to prevent the cost of holding a special election.[94][95]

As the Democratic nominee, Gabbard spoke at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, at the invitation of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who called Gabbard "an emerging star."[96][97] As expected in heavily Democratic Hawaii, she won the general election on November 6, 2012, defeating Republican Kawika Crowley by 168,503 to 40,707 votes (80.6%–19.4%),[98] becoming the first voting Samoan-American[99][100] and first Hindu member of Congress.[101][102]

In December 2012, Gabbard applied to be considered for appointment to the U.S. Senate seat vacated by the death of Daniel Inouye.[103] Despite support from some prominent mainland Democrats,[104][105] she was not on the list of three candidates which the Democratic Party of Hawaii sent to the governor.[106]

In March 2013, Gabbard introduced the "Helping Heroes Fly Act", which sought to improve airport security screenings for severely wounded veterans. It passed Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama.[107][108][109] She also introduced the house version of the Military Justice Improvement Act.[110][111][112]

Gabbard was reelected on November 8, 2014, defeating Crowley again, by 142,010 to 33,630 votes (78.7%–18.6%); Libertarian candidate Joe Kent garnered 4,693 votes (2.6%).[113]

Gabbard was reelected on November 8, 2016, defeating Republican nominee Angela Kaaihue by 170,848 to 39,668 votes (81.2%–18.8%).[120]

Gabbard was reelected in November 2018,[124] defeating Republican nominee Brian Evans by 153,271 to 44,850 votes (77.4%–22.6%).

So did Trump hold office as a Democrat?
    Here's Tulsi the Democrat.

Hope is the denial of reality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi..._Tulsi_Gabbard

She's a Democrat - these policies are almost exclusively left of center.

Yes, Democrats regularly go on Fox News to defend Republicans and attack Democratic priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes, Democrats regularly go on Fox News to defend Republicans and attack Democratic priorities.
    Registered as a Democrat.
    Ran for elected official as a Democrat.
    Won multiple times as a Democrat.
    Campaigned for Democrats.
    Holds policy positions most aligned with the Democratic party.

Guess what Loki - McCain was a Republican. Joe Liberman was a Democrat. And I'd argue *both* of those guys were more centrist than Tulsi.

Registered as a Democrat.
    Ran for elected official as a Democrat.
    Won multiple times as a Democrat.
    Campaigned for Democrats.
    Holds policy positions most aligned with the Democratic party.

Guess what Loki - McCain was a Republican. Joe Liberman was a Democrat. And I'd argue *both* of those guys were more centrist than Tulsi.
    You'd be wrong. McCain voted with the GOP more than an average Republican senator. Lieberman only started going against the DNC after losing his Senate primary. Even Liebermam didn't consistently undermine party priorities.

Gun and curfew charges dropped as are the brainless arguments that "you don't have self defense if you are illegally armed." Which actually was never the rule but at least it gives clarity. Now we'll see if the jury does the right thing or does the wrong thing for fear of persecution from the mob.

Yeah, nothing says self-defense quite like going across state lines while heavily armed to pick fights with people. If the guy was a different race, you'd be calling for the death penalty.

Yeah, nothing says self-defense quite like going across state lines while heavily armed to pick fights with people. If the guy was a different race, you'd be calling for the death penalty.
    "Crossed State Lines" is such a hilarious meme at this point.

is this state a fucking sketch

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

If things are like they look like, if Kyle goes to jail, he will become the next Nelson Mandela. And whatever the outcome, he could run for president and get elected in the future.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    If things are like they look like, if Kyle goes to jail, he will become the next Nelson Mandela. And whatever the outcome, he could run for president and get elected in the future.
    In jail or out, he won't become the next Nelson Mandela, or a future president—because 1. he's dumb as fuck 2. he doesn't really stand for anything, and 3. the jackasses hyping him up have a very short memory. In jail or out, this mfer will soon be forgotten, apart from the occasional low-energy update on his latest fuckup, Zimmerman style.

I see no evidence that any of those things are actually disqualifying, save the memory thing and the fact he's too young right now.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Out of curiosity for the weirdos here who think Kyle is guilty - how do you feel the prosecution team did?

Any lessons learned?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

FREE AS FUCK!!!
    Now you can finally fulfill your dream of going to a left-wing protest, provoking everyone around you, and then using that provocation as an excuse to shoot people.

Now you can finally fulfill your dream of going to a left-wing protest, provoking everyone around you, and then using that provocation as an excuse to shoot people.
    Lewk doesn't have the balls—or the stamina. Let's face it—girlpuncher Kyle Rittenhouse isn't just violent, he's also a dumbass. He may have escaped prison this time around, but he has many years left to fuck up his life. He's already being propositioned by the creepy predator Cawthorne

You just know it's eating at him that his rioting projections didn't come to pass. He was up all night waiting for those riots he was been claiming would happen so he could ignore Jan 6 and do his usual hypocrisy.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Any lessons learned?
    Yeah - if you attack someone who is armed, you are likely to get shot. Most people already knew that though.

Did you watch the trial at all? Honest question because I have a feeling you didn't. And I also have a feeling you didn't want to see proof that the original batshit insane media narrative was 100% false.

"Charges won't stick as this was clear self defense. In both videos he is clearly attempting to retreat and only fires once he has to."

2nd post on the thread. Brilliantly correct over a year ago.

"Charges won't stick as this was clear self defense. In both videos he is clearly attempting to retreat and only fires once he has to."

2nd post on the thread. Brilliantly correct over a year ago.
    Wisconsin self-defense law doesn't actually require someone to retreat. When you don't even know information that supports your argument, I'm going to assume that you definitely don't know information that goes against it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/u...f-defense.html

Wisconsin self-defense law doesn't actually require someone to retreat. When you don't even know information that supports your argument, I'm going to assume that you definitely don't know information that goes against it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/u...f-defense.html
    As the defense attorney stated, "Kyle attempted to get away even though he had no obligation to." Not retreating isn't a requirement in the state but it sure as hell helps your case.

Yeah - if you attack someone who is armed, you are likely to get shot. Most people already knew that though.
    No, that's not it. You don't need to attack someone who is armed to get shot.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Lmao - liberals got so brainwashed they legitimately don't know the *basic* facts about the Kenosha shootings and the Rittenhouse trail.

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=18744

["Or consider 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who used his semi-automatic weapon to kill two Black men in Kenosha," Cooney wrote. ]

ROFL