Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kenosha shootings

Bystandards and credit threat? lol

Your excuse for police racial profiling, and subsequent escalation of police violence is pathetic. You know damn well if Blake had been a white man, the cops would have treated him differently (even with outstanding warrants or domestic violence complaints). Just like they treated Rittenhouse differently after he'd shot and killed two people with his assault rifle in plain sight. They gave him water, and let him return to Illinois.

Now the police union is defending this blatant abuse of police power, and you're okay with it because.....

You don't understand the basic facts of what happened. The giving out of water happened prior to any shootings. The police have stated they did not know that Kyle was the shooter.

"Meanwhile, Kenosha police Chief Daniel Miskinis on Friday defended police after they allowed Rittenhouse, 17, of Antioch, Illinois, to leave the scene of Tuesday's deadly shooting in the protest-wracked city even though the teen was holding a rifle and had his hands up in what many interpret as a gesture of surrender.

"There were a lot of people in the area, a lot of people with weapons, and unfortunately, a lot of gunfire," Miskinis said at a news conference Friday. "What the officers were ... driving into was a shots fired complaint, not a shooting, not a person down complaint. We have had many of those over the course of this unfortunate event.

"They're responding to that, they see someone walking toward them with their hands up," Miskinis said. "That, too, isn't out of the ordinary given all the events going on. ... We have armed individuals out protesting, or counterprotesting, or simply walking around exercising their right, (who) will put their hands up. It might have been abnormal two weeks ago. It's no longer abnormal. There's nothing to suggest this individual was involved in criminal behavior.""

But back to the guy who sexually assaulted a woman, returned to her home and violated a restraining order, then store her keys. That guy. Do you think the cops had a duty to stop him from leaving in a car full of kids? When their efforts at grappling and Tazers were deployed, what would have been the alternative at that point? And if he does get in the vehicle and start driving now we have a high speed chase with kids in the back seat. Yeah...

You seem to have a very low standard for efficient police interventions. Do you really believe the only way to stop a man whose undershirt you are pulling is to shoot him 7 times in the back?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    But back to the guy who sexually assaulted a woman, returned to her home and violated a restraining order, then store her keys. That guy. Do you think the cops had a duty to stop him from leaving in a car full of kids? When their efforts at grappling and Tazers were deployed, what would have been the alternative at that point? And if he does get in the vehicle and start driving now we have a high speed chase with kids in the back seat. Yeah...
    Jfc how dumb are you?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You seem to have a very low standard for efficient police interventions. Do you really believe the only way to stop a man whose undershirt you are pulling is to shoot him 7 times in the back?
    At that point, very likely. Those cops had him on the ground and he fought them off, you got someone on the ground and you can't keep him there with two people it just isn't going to happen once he's standing. They also deployed Tazer twice and no luck with that either. Seemed like they exhausted their options.

No they hadn't. You keep going. They could have used another tazer or a baton on him. Shooting seven times was overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No they hadn't. You keep going. They could have used another tazer or a baton on him. Shooting seven times was overkill.
    Or, y'know, used deescalatory tactics.

I just read a book on that matter where the authors told a story by a female police officer who was able to talk down a belligerent drunk man. He even agreed when she told him: "You know that I have to take you in, right?" and proceeded to follow voluntarily. But shortly after that her colleagues arrived, roughhandled the guy (even though he was not aggressive anymore) and the situation promptly went out of control again. At that point she'd have loved to punch her colleagues for being such morons.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Or, y'know, used deescalatory tactics.
    The video looks like that would mean letting him get in the car and drive away. Any other suggestions on what might have been done to deescalate?

Edit: Without letting him drive away I mean?
    Last edited by Being; 09-03-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Lewk, you're defending the indefensible. Police using their firearm is *supposed* to be the last-resort when they don't have other, better options.

*IF* the cop had to use his firearm (still debatable) he could have given a warning shot, or shot at the car tires, or even his foot. He could have let him drive away, called for back-up and set up road blocks, or put down those tire-piercing chains. Or sent other cops to his home address! But Blake did NOT need to be shot seven times in the back. You're also making the same bad assumptions the cops did -- that his children were in danger, or that a high-speed chase would ensue. *IF* they cared so much about the children they wouldn't have shot their dad while they watched helplessly, or endangered them from ricocheted bullets.

Bottom line: police shouldn't use an arrest warrant, or a violation of a restraining order, or even resisting arrest to justify shooting people. And they're not supposed to use their service weapons to act as judge-and-jury. Cops have great power and authority, with a solemn responsibility to show restraint as they protect and serve. Oh wait, you're the guy who thinks it's ok to shoot homeless people stealing toothpaste.

Back to Rittenhouse: you're the one who doesn't understand the facts. Or why the police treat white, armed vigilante/militia differently than unarmed black protesters. There's a history of this (whether you call it a double standard or flat out racism) and it's been entrenched in police culture far too long. Here's just one link outside your Fox and Trump denial bubble: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...=pocket-newtab

Biden...lol. "I'm going to go to Kenosha and help the community heal after the shootings. But first let me make an awkward joke about getting shot if I reveal my tax plan." Bruh

Way to ignore the posts directly aimed at you, Lewk. Rather hard to engage a troll but I'll try again (so I might learn how to talk with people like you in real life).

The current chaos and social strife is happening in Trump's America. What makes you think things would be better if he got a second term?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Way to ignore the posts directly aimed at you, Lewk. Rather hard to engage a troll but I'll try again (so I might learn how to talk with people like you in real life).

The current chaos and social strife is happening in Trump's America. What makes you think things would be better if he got a second term?
    A few reasons.

1. Long-term the calculating Left will change tactics. Already we are seeing more liberals coming out against the riots because they see the race tightening and they are worried about the rust belt vote. If Trump wins the moderates will blame the rabid Left's rioting and support will start to get pulled.

2. I suspect we'll see a sharp increase of violence, especially if the race is close as the crazy Left can't swallow the results. We'll see a day or two of rioting and then the National Guard comes out and it dies down. Then the DOJ gets to work and puts extraordinary effort to absolutely destroy all violent rioters. National Guard that get attacked can be prosecuted federally. People going to prison for years will create a climate of fear. Yes you may peacefully protest but you can never do so violently without facing sanction.

3. Bottom line is people will be worn out of politics. They'll just want to go back to living as normal and realize that no monumental change is going to occur.

That's my armchair analysis.

I wasn't asking for your armchair analysis of political party strategies....but how you can defend a Trump second term of authoritarianism, continued police brutality, and systemic discrimination/racism....and still consider yourself a libertarian that cares about freeedom for all, or a constitutionalist that cares about equal justice under the law.

Maybe that's too nuanced or contextual for you to understand? Just like MAGA sounds like a return to the mythical nostalgia of the 50's, or even the Wild West, when rugged individualism (and white male supremacy) ruled the day. The only people who want to "go back to living as normal" are those who want to retain their privilege and power, ie white male property owners.

Everything you say suggests you care more about property than people. You even make excuses for police shooting and killing criminal suspects before they can get their day in court. You want to fry 'em all. You're an anachronism, out of touch with reality, and I don't know how you can maintain that ideology as civil society progresses...unless you're a willing and active participant in institutional racism, sexism, or xenophobia.

Prove me wrong, Mister Insurance.
    Last edited by GGT; 09-04-2020 at 04:37 AM.

"What makes you think things would be better if he got a second term?" You literally asked.

Biden...lol. "I'm going to go to Kenosha and help the community heal after the shootings. But first let me make an awkward joke about getting shot if I reveal my tax plan." Bruh
    Widespread consensus that Biden more presidential quality in his brief time in kenosha than Trump has during his entire term. He was able to express empathy, for example. Your attempts to distract from that aren't particularly effective as you know by now, shit-eaters like you aren't taken seriously.

A few reasons.

1. Long-term the calculating Left will change tactics. Already we are seeing more liberals coming out against the riots because they see the race tightening and they are worried about the rust belt vote. If Trump wins the moderates will blame the rabid Left's rioting and support will start to get pulled.

2. I suspect we'll see a sharp increase of violence, especially if the race is close as the crazy Left can't swallow the results. We'll see a day or two of rioting and then the National Guard comes out and it dies down. Then the DOJ gets to work and puts extraordinary effort to absolutely destroy all violent rioters. National Guard that get attacked can be prosecuted federally. People going to prison for years will create a climate of fear. Yes you may peacefully protest but you can never do so violently without facing sanction.

3. Bottom line is people will be worn out of politics. They'll just want to go back to living as normal and realize that no monumental change is going to occur.

Lmao this is something you fapped out because the next Left Behind book is taking too long you fucking joke

"What makes you think things would be better if he got a second term?" You literally asked.
    You didn't really answer the question. Just said people would get bored by politics, and want a return to normal. Newsflash: the old normal doesn't work for most people.

A few reasons.

1. You have this totally backwards. If Biden loses then the left are likely to say "we gave moderate Biden a go and he lost, time for someone like Sanders".

2 & 3 OMG what to say? Yeah America's going to be led by "a climate of fear"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You didn't really answer the question. Just said people would get bored by politics, and want a return to normal. Newsflash: the old normal doesn't work for most people.

And your reference to inciting fear & punishment as a deterrent to protests (and criminal behavior) is also outdated. Just like spanking kids into submission lost favor a few decades ago. Seriously, you need to update your mental comprehension files.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    2 & 3 OMG what to say? Yeah America's going to be led by "a climate of fear"?
    Sieg heil springs to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Given that Trumpists have literally been killing or trying to kill people in his name—and considering the armed uprising discourse so prevalent among the QAnon crowd—I think it's fair to assume that his defeat comes with with a side of lethal violence. Facts don't care about Lewk's feelings. It's interesting to see how happy he is about the prospect of an actual criminal—and incompetent—getting four more years to harm his country and his country's interests abroad. You kinda have to be a bit of a loser to think like that. It's the long kind of outlook people have when they're desperate to win something—anything—at any cost, because they're such useless shitheads.

https://fightback.law/news/

11 Minute video from Kyle's legal/PR team. Personally I have a hard time grasping how anyone can possibly argue that this is anything other than self defense. If you disagree I'd encourage you to watch the video with an open mind.

Also from the liberal perspective (who mentions things I disagree with) who also thinks Kyle walks:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...zn4-story.html

"Kyle Rittenhouse is probably going to walk.

He’s going to plead self-defense — his lawyers have already signaled as much — and from what I’ve seen, read and heard, I predict he’s going to be acquitted on the most serious charges."

Kyle should just have been shot then and there.

That's the kind of justice Lewk desires. Amiright? High five!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...ender-arizona/

"Newly released documents obtained by Wisconsin Right Now from the Pima County (Arizona) Clerk of Courts confirm Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including anal rape. The victims were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old.

Wisconsin Right Now has obtained Rosenbaum’s entire file regarding the case, however due to victim privacy and legal issues, we are choosing to only show the criminal complaint at this time. We redacted the names of the victims."

And people still mourn the guy's death. Oh he also beat his fiancé bloody earlier in 2020. What a standup guy. Rapes children, beats women, antagonizes people saying "shoot me N-slur, shoot me N-slur", chases a minor and attempts to do imminent harm to Kyle and people still believe Kyle instigated the event? Oh boy talk about your biases. Rosenbaum was a dangerous and violent monster who got what he deserved.

Weird, lewk didn't say anything when the videos came out of Kyle beating on a teen girl.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Again, Kyle Rittenhouse should have been shot right there and then by a good guy with a gun after he murdered the first person.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Again, Kyle Rittenhouse should have been shot right there and then by a good guy with a gun after he murdered the first person.
    There was no murder you nitwit. Look at the video of the child rapist chasing him through the lot before Kyle killed him. Honestly is a bit of poetic justice if you think about it. A man who preyed on minors was killed by a minor.

There was no murder you nitwit.
    As long as we agree he shoot have been shot right there and then. If only that other guy had a gun instead of a skateboard eh. Instant justice.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars