Thread: Bypass Paywalls

Default Bypass Paywalls

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

I just found out about this extension for Firefox last week called Bypass Paywall - it works incredibly well. Since installing it every site I have looked at that is normally paywalled just loads the article normally. Many sites had tricks that you could use to bypass thae paywall already, like loading in Incognito Mode etc, but this is even working on sites like The Times and some US sites for which I knew of no bypass method. Everything just seems to load instantly, if someone sends a link to an article then clicking it simply loads the article, no faffing about.

Thought some here might be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

why do you hate capitalism
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Encouraging breaking and entering. I always said Google is evil.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Its not breaking and entering, its a compilation of backdoors that the publishers have themselves put in. If the publishers didn't want the backdoors there, they can remove them.

The FT is the first site I've been to where it didn't work. It seems the FT have closed their backdoor now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Traditionally, a 'backdoor' is sometimes used when breaking and entering.

I mean, don't get me wrong I bypass paywalls all the time but... lol.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come