Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My Faggala better half and I are beginning the process to adopt...

congratulations!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Congrats!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Happy days
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Today is the Day! Go down to court this afternoon and he's ours forever! He's so excited and so are we!
    I'm surprised (and glad for you) that this came so quickly, with so little heartache.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'm surprised (and glad for you) that this came so quickly, with so little heartache.
    Thank you all!

DHHS in Maine, has retooled the process, bio parents have a year to 18 months to get their acts together, after that it's a TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) and once kids are severed from their unfit parents it's a big push to find a right family.

We got him AFTER the TPR, so that hurdle was crossed without us. I'm not sure we could have survived that threat hanging over our heads.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Many happy days!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Many happy days!
    , thank you! We are scarfing down McD's then home for treats and Pathfinder for us adults

Not a fate I'd wish on anyone, but if it's what you crazy guys want, congrats.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

18 months, maybe a year ago, I would have been jealous that you got to skip the bottle and diaper stage, but I'm honestly not anymore.

Been reading up lately how personality could be set by age 5, and the common nature vs nurture debate. Good luck with it all, and I hope you to continue to post as you learn.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That's brilliant news, congrats Veldan and Family.

How exciting!

I'm happy for you both!

(personally, I'll stick with my kittens, the vet bills are cheaper, and you don't need a babysitter)

Only just read this thread, and was very surprised to see such a happy result. Many congratulations
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

So, round 2.

We will be adding a foster child on Wednesday!

Excitement and Panic are bounding through the house.

Another?

Hows your experience as parents been so far? Obviously good.

How has your life changed?

Mostly good. Parenting consists of ups and downs.

Life...no privacy, spare time on the weekends. It is most joyous after 7:30-8:00 PM (Bedtime).

Veldan, what does your son think/say about Round 2 and the foster child? Wow, I can't even imagine the emotional dynamics that must be going on in your home, but I admire your energy and big heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    18 months, maybe a year ago, I would have been jealous that you got to skip the bottle and diaper stage, but I'm honestly not anymore.

Been reading up lately how personality could be set by age 5, and the common nature vs nurture debate. Good luck with it all, and I hope you to continue to post as you learn.
    Yeah, infancy turns out to be the "easiest" stage, go figure. The age 5 debate isn't just for personality, but educational milestones and learning right from wrong--developing a conscience. I'm not convinced that it's all "set in stone" by that age, regardless of what some of the articles and studies claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    So, round 2.

We will be adding a foster child on Wednesday!

Excitement and Panic are bounding through the house.
    Wow. Well, best of luck to you masochistic gays guys.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Must have pictures!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Veldan, what does your son think/say about Round 2 and the foster child? Wow, I can't even imagine the emotional dynamics that must be going on in your home, but I admire your energy and big heart.
    We talked to him first to test the waters.

At this time, he's so excited, I think he is expecting a ready made playmate....but so far, he's on board

@Ziggster: no pic allowed of him as he is not ours, but a ward of the state.

Well, so far, they have been inseparable since 4 PM...

Okay, we finally got our court date for our 2nd boy...July 16th!

Is this where they test your sanity?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I'll take my meds before I go

That was a long wait! How are things moving along at home? The limbo must be hard for the kid to understand, then again maybe he's not really aware?

parenting can be a crazy rollercoaster ride. Between wanting to follow the sometimes confusing and contradictory advice of dozens of "experts", and listening to your own heart and experiences. Well, it ain't easy at times and you almost always worry about whether or not you've done the right things. Congratulations for living in a time when minds are finally beginning to open.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    That was a long wait! How are things moving along at home? The limbo must be hard for the kid to understand, then again maybe he's not really aware?
    Yeah, 2 freaking years. Constant paperwork cockups.

He's been anxious to get our name, just like his big brother!

That's actually kind of adorable, I hadn't even thought of the name issue.