Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Civil War 2

Adiós Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

Aren't lawyers licenced in America? How does anyone think for a second this would class as evidence?
    I'm starting to discover that an alarming number of practices are just as inept as the general population. We've been going through the process for transferring parental rights with our foster and we've had to send the paperwork back 3 times now for stupid bullshit like misspelled names, incorrect dates, or (my favorite) having the 6 year old brother listed as the father. We are starting to look into getting our own lawyer to look over everything once we've told its final for our own piece of mind.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'm starting to discover that an alarming number of practices are just as inept as the general population. We've been going through the process for transferring parental rights with our foster and we've had to send the paperwork back 3 times now for stupid bullshit like misspelled names, incorrect dates, or (my favorite) having the 6 year old brother listed as the father. We are starting to look into getting our own lawyer to look over everything once we've told its final for our own piece of mind.
    Isn't a judge going to decide on this? I'd say the ruling is more relevant than any preliminary paperwork.
    Congratulations America

Still wondering how Trump is going to behave now that a Biden presidency seems to be inevitable. He's got a bunch of unsavory guests at the White House lately.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Still wondering how Trump is going to behave...
    WH janitors have reported unusual puddles of liquid in several corners of the WH.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Apparently the use of the military has been brought up in Trump's recent meeting. Now that the idea is out there, we'll see if Newsmax and Fox goad Trump into using that option.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Thought this was an interesting perspective on the GOP's love-affair with treason:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...573149696.html
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Thought this was an interesting perspective on the GOP's love-affair with treason:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...573149696.html
    I agree, why do you think I call for them to be hanged?
    Congratulations America

The traitors seem to be talking about an armed attack on democracy.
    Congratulations America

I agree, why do you think I call for them to be hanged?
    Fun fact: Trump issued an executive order a while back that re-authorized hanging as a punishment for treason.

It'd be a shame if we didn't use it at least once before Biden took it off the table again.

They are screening the people who are supposed to keep the inauguration safe?
    Congratulations America

This is what happens when there are millions of radicalized traitors loyal only to Trump.
    Hope is the denial of reality

They are screening the people who are supposed to keep the inauguration safe?
    That's what happens when you ignore how badly the police and military have been infiltrated by white supremacists
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It only takes a couple of infiltrators too to cause mayhem.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That's what happens when you ignore how badly the police and military have been infiltrated by white supremacists
    "infiltrated"
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    "infiltrated"
    I figured explaining how they actively recruit brain dead lewks would be a little to on the nose.

Interesting to re-read this thread, especially after the one-year anniversary of 1/6.

Current opinion polls are bleak -- a majority of Republicans still think Biden's election was illegitimate, and far too many think the violence on 1/6 was justified, even "patriotic". Republican-led state legislatures are busy crafting laws that suppress voting AND change how votes are counted and certified. It's all based on lies and disinformation, but it's still happening.

It's easy to dismiss the likelihood of a national Civil War 2 because it seems unthinkable, impossible, bizarre. Just like Trump as president, or the (R) party becoming an anti-democratic, authoritarian cult, or an insurrection/attempted coup once seemed impossible, too.

Then I read this article https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...border/621087/ and realized that small-scale "wars" at the state level can be just as dangerous and destructive. Since we've focused on external/foreign threats for so long, it's hard to admit the biggest threats to our Repubic are domestic/internal.

Yeah, I remain worried

This is a bit old now, but I'm still stunned at just how much shit was thrown at the walls in the attempted coup...

In the weeks after the 2020 election, then-President Donald Trump's allies sent fake certificates to the National Archives declaring that Trump won seven states that he actually lost. The documents had no impact on the outcome of the election, but they are yet another example of how Team Trump tried to subvert the Electoral College -- a key line of inquiry for the January 6 committee.

The fake certificates were created by Trump allies in Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada and New Mexico, who sought to replace valid presidential electors from their states with a pro-Trump slate, according to documents obtained by American Oversight.

Installing slates of "alternate electors" was an integral part of the ill-fated plan conceived by Trump allies to usurp power on January 6 by pressuring Vice President Mike Pence to throw out the pro-Biden electors that had been chosen by voters. The idea was promoted by Trump advisers inside and outside the White House, including controversial right-wing lawyer John Eastman.
    Found that election fraud Trump was talking about!

The best part is that the Republican officials involved signed their names to these forgeries. They were so confident that they would get away with it, they signed and in at least one case notarized the evidence of their treason and submitted it to the national archives.
    Last edited by Wraith; 01-13-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Haha totally normal democracy

This ethically challenged groyper is 100% a criminal even notwithstanding this election fuckery

Here's the Arizona documents. 4 of the other states provided nearly identical documents, almost as if they had gotten a template from somewhere while Trump's administration was pressuring their election officials to ignore the election results and send Electors who would vote for him instead of Biden. None of the ones that look like this one actually resemble the real version of that state's documents.

I'm probably posting too much about this, but it's extremely grating that there are people who signed their names to a coup and are still just walking around free and barely concealing their plots to try again.

Hoping against hope that those clowns opened themselves up to federal prosecution by sending those certificates to the national archives.

The hope for the survival of the republic rests on the shoulders of AG Garland right now, and I know that things could be moving that none of us can see, but the lack of evidence of action is getting increasingly unnerving.

edit: Well, shit. Seditious Conspiracy charges filed agains Oath Keepers leader literally within a minute of this post. I'll take this as a good sign.

https://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watc...n-130796613864

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Hoping against hope that those clowns opened themselves up to federal prosecution by sending those certificates to the national archives.

My understanding is that submitting your own electoral slate does not constitute any kind of federal criminal fraud. Dealing with competing slates is left in the hands of Congress by the 1887 law. They might run afoul of local state laws though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I would think that presenting yourselves as the "duly elected and qualified Electors ... from the state of Arizona" when they are not, in an effort to overturn presidential election results would be in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 595, which makes it illegal for any federal, state, or local official to use "his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector". But I'm not a lawyer.

Pictured: Roger Stone hanging out with some of the people just charged with seditious conspiracy, taken on the morning of January 6th.

When asked what was going on here by the Jan 6 committee, Roger Stone refused to answer and invoked his constitutional protection against self-incrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I would think that presenting yourselves as the "duly elected and qualified Electors ... from the state of Arizona" when they are not, in an effort to overturn presidential election results would be in violation of 18 U.S.C. Section 595, which makes it illegal for any federal, state, or local official to use "his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector". But I'm not a lawyer.

But it doesn't interfere unless Congress chooses to let it, and if Congress does allow it then it's valid and can't be considered interference after all.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    But it doesn't interfere unless Congress chooses to let it, and if Congress does allow it then it's valid and can't be considered interference after all.
    That is probably why "or affecting" is included.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    My understanding is that submitting your own electoral slate does not constitute any kind of federal criminal fraud. Dealing with competing slates is left in the hands of Congress by the 1887 law. They might run afoul of local state laws though.

Michigan AG seems to think there is a federal side to it. On state laws he mentions forgery of a public document and election forgery.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...3fa3ab962f764b
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!