Thread: Do as I say not as I do

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do as I say not as I do

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...sgiving-covid/

"As Denver Mayor Michael Hancock sent messages on social media and to city staff Wednesday asking everyone to avoid traveling for Thanksgiving, he was on his way to Mississippi to celebrate the holiday with his wife and daughter.

Hancock spokesman Mike Strott confirmed that Hancock flew out of Denver on Wednesday morning to spend the holiday with his wife and youngest daughter, who are already there.

That hypocrisy — first reported by 9News — amounts to an unforced error on the mayor’s part and one that risks delegitimizing pleas from public health officials to try to stop the spread of the surging coronavirus, experts and officials agree.

“That is incredibly disappointing,” Dr. Sandy Johnson, head of the University of Denver’s school of global health affairs, said of Hancock’s actions."

He's spending Thanksgiving with his wife and daughter, both of whom presumably live with him anyway...

But sure, Lewk, this is the problem, not Republicans like Ted Cruz promising to throw the biggest Thanksgiving party ever. Hypocrisy is totally a bigger problem than a suicidal cult.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He's spending Thanksgiving with his wife and daughter, both of whom presumably live with him anyway...

But sure, Lewk, this is the problem, not Republicans like Ted Cruz promising to throw the biggest Thanksgiving party ever. Hypocrisy is totally a bigger problem than a suicidal cult.
    You know he's flying right? Also I have no issues with people flying or being with their families over the holiday. The issue is the hypocrisy. Just like politicians who preach about the dangers of carbon emissions flying on private jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You know he's flying right? Also I have no issues with people flying or being with their families over the holiday. The issue is the hypocrisy. Just like politicians who preach about the dangers of carbon emissions flying on private jets.
    No Lewk, millions of people intentionally congregating in large groups to "own the libs" is far worse than hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No Lewk, millions of people intentionally congregating in large groups to "own the libs" is far worse than hypocrisy.
    No. At the end of the day even if you believe all the worst predictions - you would realize politicians and doctors NOT following the guidelines that they preach is the fastest way to no one following them at all.

https://www.insideedition.com/people...mi-party-63345

Right Lewk. Kill grandma because a lib mayor is a hypocrite.

Do as I say: "The American people are perfectly capable of having their say on this issue, so let's give them a voice. Let's let the American people decide. The Senate will appropriately revisit the matter when it considers the qualifications of the nominee the next president nominates, whoever that might be"
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Do as I say: "The American people are perfectly capable of having their say on this issue, so let's give them a voice. Let's let the American people decide. The Senate will appropriately revisit the matter when it considers the qualifications of the nominee the next president nominates, whoever that might be"
    Oh boy. There is zero requirement to hold a hearing. What McConnel did was *not* block Merrick Garland from being a Supreme Court justice. He was *never* going to get the senate confirmation. All our turtle-in-chief did was stop a media circus and wasted time by going through the hearing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Oh boy. There is zero requirement to hold a hearing. What McConnel did was *not* block Merrick Garland from being a Supreme Court justice. He was *never* going to get the senate confirmation. All our turtle-in-chief did was stop a media circus and wasted time by going through the hearing process.
    You forgot to read the quote: "The American people are perfectly capable of having their say on this issue, so let's give them a voice. Let's let the American people decide. The Senate will appropriately revisit the matter when it considers the qualifications of the nominee the next president nominates, whoever that might be"
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

And there's zero requirement you don't travel either. What the mayor did was *not* block people from traveling over the holidays. They were always going to make their own plans. All the mayor did was strongly urge them to make and enact their plans as safely and responsibly as they could.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"