Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Fetisvus Report

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Amash is the only one who stood up for his principles. It's telling he had to leave the GOP as a result.
    My point is that you view people as personally negative for their political positions. When Trump is no longer a major player in politics and if Amash is still around and he thwarts some political issue you support I suspect you'll also consider him a jackass as well. There are assholes and good people in both political parties but you consistently view politicians you disagree with as personally obnoxious and 'evil.' This is why when people bash Conservative pundits for a personal failing or another I'll ask for what relevant conservative pundit they think would be good to listen to instead, and nearly always there are crickets.

Paul is an idiot and a liar. There are conservative politicians who aren't as stupid or as mendacious as this clown, but obv. they aren't as appealing to people like you because you can't relate to people who aren't lying dipshits.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    My point is that you view people as personally negative for their political positions. When Trump is no longer a major player in politics and if Amash is still around and he thwarts some political issue you support I suspect you'll also consider him a jackass as well. There are assholes and good people in both political parties but you consistently view politicians you disagree with as personally obnoxious and 'evil.' This is why when people bash Conservative pundits for a personal failing or another I'll ask for what relevant conservative pundit they think would be good to listen to instead, and nearly always there are crickets.
    No, I don't. Paul is objectively a jackass who regularly betrays his own principles just to suck up to who he must know is a big government, civil liberties opponent, wannabe tyrant. Forget respect. I've voted for plenty of people with whom I had pretty profound disagreements (lesser of two evils). I've had friends whose ideologies ran the gamut from far left to far right, from Evangelical Christian to observant Muslim to militant atheist. But deceitful, self-righteous sycophants willing to sell out everything for a bit of power? Never.

No, I can't give you an example of a simple Trumpist politician I respect, because deep down, every single one of those knows they sold their soul. But I respect plenty of politicians with whom I disagree on abortion, guns, and taxes. I'll never respect any who makes a mockery of democracy or the rule of law.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Like the cyclical left-wing declarations that Jesus is a left-wing radical, people are often "small government" only for the things they really don't like.

I see very little serious waste on that list.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I see very little serious waste on that list.
    Really? Road in another country that isn't sound? Or this one seems particularly wasteful even if you think the government should be in the business of funding it - why the hell would the taxpayer be expected to pay for something that didn't actually do the job?
    The Federal Emergency
    Management Agency spent
    $10,502,997.50 for test tubes and
    swabs for coronavirus tests, but
    received unusable soda bottles

That's a pretty solid argument for defunding the police and getting rid of all Republican legislators tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Really? Road in another country that isn't sound? Or this one seems particularly wasteful even if you think the government should be in the business of funding it - why the hell would the taxpayer be expected to pay for something that didn't actually do the job?
    The Federal Emergency
    Management Agency spent
    $10,502,997.50 for test tubes and
    swabs for coronavirus tests, but
    received unusable soda bottles
    You're making my point. Thanks.
    Congratulations America

Lewk, you should be thankful for the governmental investments in cancer R&D that saved your wife's life, and that she and her family wasn't bankrupted by treatments or therapies. You should be glad that she didn't die because some quack prescribed turmeric and garlic, or some other 'homeopathic' remedy that was cheaper.

Shame on you for making inappropriate conflations between taxation and spending.

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/25/223011...-rachel-levine

In case anyone was forgetting how stupid rand paul is.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    https://www.vox.com/2021/2/25/223011...-rachel-levine

In case anyone was forgetting how stupid rand paul is.
    I'm conflicted because some of my best friends and role models are ophthalmologists but this guy is such a dumb motherfucker