Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    How it started
    I really don't understand people who are actually educated who get caught up in the conspiracy nonsense. Voting for Trump, sure, I can see. But believing in these 'stolen election' claims that are so transparently fabrications... That's just crazy.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

14 people from Florida have been arrested so far, including a local asshole I've had to deal with a couple of times in the library. Work is getting a real kick out of that.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I really don't understand people who are actually educated who get caught up in the conspiracy nonsense. Voting for Trump, sure, I can see. But believing in these 'stolen election' claims that are so transparently fabrications... That's just crazy.
    Not only educated and getting caught up in the conspiracy nonsense - but educated and getting so caught up in a conspiracy nonsense that you think it is a good idea to live stream yourself breaking the law.

Whatever happened to protestors wearing balaclavas and Guy Fawkes masks? Now just livestream it to your Instagram account instead.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Trump has a lotta people to pardon(all protesters proven not to be antifa). Better be quick about it, 25 closing in.

edit: does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Not only educated and getting caught up in the conspiracy nonsense - but educated and getting so caught up in a conspiracy nonsense that you think it is a good idea to live stream yourself breaking the law.

Whatever happened to protestors wearing balaclavas and Guy Fawkes masks? Now just livestream it to your Instagram account instead.
    Most politics is social.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

it begins

Click to view the full version
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

There you go:

This is (eventually) going to be a big story:

no it's not lol
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Each update worse than the last:

It'd be a little funny if Lewk were on the lam right now

Trump finally concedes defeat. This is eerily like a hostage video, it is so insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    He retains his powers until the inauguration, and can potentially do more damage in that time, unless he's removed—either with the help of Pence and the cabinet, or through impeachment and a swift trial. Politically, it would be valuable and important both to show a willingness to act and to make Republican senators own Trump's deeply harmful actions. Just because something might be a symbolic gesture doesn't mean it can't have great value—it can be the most appropriate response to a violation of norms. It's like the old Japanese folktale about the case of the stolen smell
    They're just not capable of moving that fast, Aimless.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Oh, I agree there. If anything, I'd suspect Trump just wants to see everything burn.

But it does show jow badly this was planned and managed by the police - either sheer incompetence, loyalty, afraid to become Trump's target, direct orders not to prepare, support for the protesters, could be many reasons besides coup. But to be honest, just incompetence seems unlikely given how much this was announced in advance, and how well protected the Capitol has been during other protests this year.
    Was it protected that well before because it might have been under threat? Or because elements in the Executive with the authority to call for the additional manpower were hoping for incidents and clashes between police and protestors as fodder for their agit-prop? They wanted provocations for crackdowns then.

Now if Lewk had any honesty or integrity (and we all know he doesn't) he'd be calling for every protestor involved to be convicted under felony-murder. Four people are dead, remember. And felony-murder (which is as stupid as Lewk) doesn't care if the figures killed were among the criminal perpetrators themselves

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    They barricade themselves in echo chambers. They listen to the side that goes along with their confirmation bias and refuse to even here anything else. I had to listen to a coworker in the break-room yesterday, during the reporting about the mob breaking in and while she (a classic "law and order" type) called the mob a bunch of criminal morons, she also kept insisting that there was fraud, that it was illegal for Pennsylvania to be counting votes received up to three days after the election. She simply would not hear or believe that it's legal, acceptable, and even required (since over-seas voters like military personnel just can't be guaranteed to get a vote through the mail by magic)
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    no it's not lol
    Steely's right. The three heads (chief and the two sergeant-at-arms) will resign and that will be the end of it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I don't begin to have sufficient knowledge to rule it out and I think he would quite happily have gone along with it if a coup successfully developed but in the face of speculation by people talking about how things ought to work from well outside, I'mma have to apply Hanlon's Razor without real evidence.
    I agree, this wasn't planned by him. He's just a moron who never stopped to think about what he was actually saying. He got caught up in the moment while feeding his megalomania and accidentally'd a whole insurrection. It was manslaughter, not murder.

When are we allowed to start worrying about a future competent version of Trump?

It'd be a little funny if Lewk were on the lam right now
    If you think I support lawlessness and domestic terrorism you haven't been paying attention. I do think this is a perfect time for the public to demand stiff mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for anyone attacking government institutions likes court houses, the capital, the white house and police precincts.

Couldn't pass the Proud Boys physical fitness test huh

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Now if Lewk had any honesty or integrity (and we all know he doesn't) he'd be calling for every protestor involved to be convicted under felony-murder. Four people are dead, remember. And felony-murder (which is as stupid as Lewk) doesn't care if the figures killed were among the criminal perpetrators themselves
    Five dead now, a cop has died from his injuries.

So he definitely should be calling for felony murder.

Y'all realize, of course, that Lewk has no loyalties.

Capitol police can't be happy with their leadership r n

Y'all realize, of course, that Lewk has no loyalties.
    Yes he does, to the elephant in the room.

He'd vote for a monkey in a red rosette.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    He'd have voted for Hitler in a heartbeat.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

He wouldn't necessarily vote for him, but he'd attack anyone calling Hitler a major threat and instead focus on the violence carried out by Hitler's opponents.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I mean, they're not wrong per say
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Thread: