Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Yeah, the point would be to bar him from running for political office in the future.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Last edited by Aimless; 01-14-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

They released the quacken
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Growing number of LEOs getting busted:

“Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

— Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Huh. I would have bet anything that Guiliani at least had enough dirt on Trump to ensure he got paid.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Huh. I would have bet anything that Guiliani at least had enough dirt on Trump to ensure he got paid.
    Cohen probably had more dirt and look where that got him... even if Giuliani does have anything on Trump, it might not be anything that makes a difference wrt Trump's fate. And, let's face it, Trump is gonna need all the money he has
    — Bill Gates

I know this story, it is the Scorpion and the Frog.

Why did you sting me, now we will both drown?
    I couldn't help it, it is my nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I know this story, it is the Scorpion and the Frog.

Why did you sting me, now we will both drown?
    I couldn't help it, it is my nature.
    Close, this one's the Scorpion and the Toady
    — Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    no it's not lol
    Steely's right. The three heads (chief and the two sergeant-at-arms) will resign and that will be the end of it.
    — Bill Gates

— Bill Gates

— Bill Gates

Yes Trump can pardon the insurrectionists since it was a Federal crime. He can't pardon State crimes but since DC isn't a State everything in DC falls under the purview of Federal.

No he won't (I think) as it's against his own self interest.

If he pardons the criminals then that means that the Feds can't spend their time and effort going after the people who committed the crimes. It will also be impossible for the likes of Graham etc to say "justice has been done, let's draw a line in the sand and move on" though he'd try to find a way.

Instead the Feds would have no recourse to respond besides going after the person who instigated it - him. He would be setting himself up as the only fall guy left. Especially if it's ruled a self-pardon is unlawful.

If he doesn't pardon them he can leave them swinging in the wind to take the fall as he walks away saying "oh that? Terrible, nothing to do with me. But I was robbed and people are angry ..."

As always with Trump he will look after number one first. Letting his supporters face the courts instead of him is in his self interest.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Biggest threat Trump now poses is that he will issue a mass pardon

1. Will he try to do this?

2. Would it be legal?

3. Are there any ways to counteract it?

4. What would the broader consequences of a mass pardon be?

10 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Trump has a lotta people to pardon(all protesters proven not to be antifa). Better be quick about it, 25 closing in.

edit: does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?

Rand is probably right. These are just more people who failed him, after all. They didn't compel Congress, they're useless to him now, and so unless they can pony something up for him he's got no interest in providing them with pardons.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    10 days ago

does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    Blanket pardon was done after Vietnam for any draft dodgers who'd gone to Canada, was never challenged.

— Bill Gates

Considering he spoke at the rally and promoted it, should it be a surprise?