Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Good to see the Police have learnt about de-escalation, that is the one positive to come out of this.

I assume that will be their go to response going forwards too. Right? Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    This pandemic seems to have made you guys more easily amused than usual. All we are witnessing is democracy inaction.
    Corrected a spelling mistake.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I feel like it should be harder to get in to the capitol of the most powerful state in the world*.

* at time of writing
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Just throwing this paragraph out there:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Corrected a spelling mistake.
    Thank you.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Wait what the fuck

Oh jeez
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Facebook responds.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quite right. Shouldn't have posted that.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Wow - this is a stunning news report embedded from within the protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Sounds bollocks to me. Congress can't invoke the 25th - it needs to be invoked by Pence and a majority of the Cabinet.

Pence certainly might be considering invoking it though.

Twitter have deleted some of Trump's messages and locked his account.

It was implied that they'd talking with Pence. 25th probably not a good fit though.

It was implied that they'd talking with Pence. 25th probably not a good fit though.
    A fair few hints that the 25th has already been invoked.

Considering Pence was there and basically called a traitor when a mob was sent by Trump to seize the Capitol he was personally presiding over . . . its certainly possible bridges have been burnt.

The women who was shot by police has died.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Click to view the full version
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Multiple law enforcement officers injured too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Click to view the full version
    it's the scene right before we see the cannibals feasting on their fallen, fantastic cinematography

I think it's that scene from Apocalypse Now where Willard first arrives at Kurtz's camp
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I remember how surprisingly easy it was to get into the Capitol and to roam around in it. It wouldn't surprise me either that they didn't improve security a lot since I walked around for the simple reason that they're too stingy to spend money on anything governmental. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump actively prevented reasonable security being in place, as it were his 'lovely people' storming Congress.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I remember how surprisingly easy it was to get into the Capitol and to roam around in it. It wouldn't surprise me either that they didn't improve security a lot since I walked around for the simple reason that they're too stingy to spend money on anything governmental. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump actively prevented reasonable security being in place, as it were his 'lovely people' storming Congress.
    When Blair was PM the 'Fathers for Justice' protest group stormed the Commons - and after getting in everyone was a bit bewildered about what to happen next. I don't think they thought they'd get in, they did - and were then like "oh - now what?"

Thankfully that was treated like a bit of a joke, because it really was a peaceful protest group that did it and not someone more threatening. This is not the same thing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    [shot]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErFeY5hVgAAWuF9
    If nothing else, the pictures from today have been top notch.

Blood boiling fucked up, but amazing nonetheless.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Many (most?) of them are documenting their own crimes

Think it's mostly the right call unless something changes (and possible some people have been arrested, we don't know). Almost all of these people can be identified. This is an explosive situation in so many ways—more so than ordinary protests (b/c liberals, unlike these people, have impulse control, and because of the political proto-fascist dimension).
    Yes. And I imagine the Capitol Police also get more practice in deescalation since they're the sorry fucks who have to try and make the various petty and vengeful Congress-critters follow site rules and requirements
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Ostensibly, you're SUPPOSED to be able to get in, as they're just representatives of the people. Really it's because they don't want to inconvenience the lobbyists (many who are themselves former Congress-critters) and the special interests they're trying to solicit for campaign support. I rather thought a mob would be treated a bit more circumspectly though. . .
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"