Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

If he expels Cruz and Hawley from the Senate, I'd forgive half of his "mistakes."
    Hope is the denial of reality

One of the Amendments permits that if they deem this to be insurrection doesn't it. 13th or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If he expels Cruz and Hawley from the Senate, I'd forgive half of his "mistakes."
    McConnell was a Trump-enabler. He's also the worst kind of opportunistic politician -- who wanted to go down in history as the senator who helped stack the courts with "conservative" judges. He didn't even do a very good job at representing his own KY constituents, and only remembered his oath to the constitution after he lost status as majority leader.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    One of the Amendments permits that if they deem this to be insurrection doesn't it. 13th or something like that?
    14th. But that would require them to be expelled. The Senate can use its power to expel senators for lesser reasons. Which would happen if McConnell was on board. I doubt he will be though.

McConnell is a political pariah. He shouldn't be "forgiven for half of his mistakes", even if he grew a conscience after Jan. 9th and sent a cryptic message to (R) senators by saying Trump committed Impeachable crimes.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

They did trash a few airbnb ratings after their hosts turned them into the FBI.
    Oh god, I can just see the review.

"Location was well-priced, neatly arranged, and very clean. But the owner refused to create alibis when questioned by the cops and even handed over all records when served with a warrant without even calling for a lawyer. They insisted they were complying with the Patriot Act when we're the patriots! WTF?! ONE STAR!!!"
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    DC isn't a state. Any crimes in DC are automatically federal.

Which is why it's a bad idea to commit a crime there generally.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    DC isn't a state. Any crimes in DC are automatically federal.

Which is why it's a bad idea to commit a crime there generally.
    DC doesn't have to be a state; many of the people who were there can be charged in their home districts under laws prohibiting interstate travel with the intent of committing specified federal crimes, or, more broadly, in aid of "racketeering" (the statutes do not indicate this possibility, but there is precedent for it, and I've seen at least two former prosecutors mention this possibility).

It seems Rudy doesn't understand the importance of the Oxford comma. For once I agree with a Tweet of his wholeheartedly.

Update:

Officers get a lot of stick for the bad shit some of them do - but many of them are genuinely brave and face the worst of society - and the worst of society turned up that day.

One officer has lost an eye from this as well. As someone who nearly lost an eye when I was at uni from an assault that strikes a bit close to home. The list of injuries is immense and there should be many commendations for valor for those who did well - like those two incredibly brave black cops from the videos above who faced mobs of white supremacists alone, but also many others.

The terrorists who did this need to face justice.

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Why are there no Proud Girls?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Fewer incel women.

So they run a "no fat chicks" policy?

*Sorry*

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Why are there no Proud Girls?
    tradwife

I would like to reiterate my working theory that American conservatives are super dumb:

It's a little pathetic that so many legislators from one party are so vehemently opposed to a bipartisan investigation of an antidemocratic terrorist attack aimed straight at the heart of the government. Kinda makes you wonder about their motives, and about their fitness. Senate Democrats should change the rules, if they can, so long as their Republican counterparts are this eager to aid and abet terrorists for political gain.

I'm guessing this is in reference to the military coup in Myanmar?

Terrified criminal tries to use powerful public position to obstruct justice:

I thought he was from the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" party?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The "Congressional order" is to preserve data. No federal law is being violated. This is just the GOP's right wing extremists/fascists expanding on Trump's "Big Lie" in order to confuse and inflame their base, and retain power. Tyranny of the minority = Freeeedom!

And to combine a few threads together....it's outrageous that Lt. General Michael Flynn continues to get a large military pension even tho he betrayed the pubic trust. Ditto for Oliver North.

Why is it outrageous that North has a nice pension? His lawyer(s) worked hard to get that overbroad immunity agreement. What's outrageous are the Dems who let him off so easy in their (in vain) thirst for bigger fish.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Why is it outrageous that North has a nice pension? His lawyer(s) worked hard to get that overbroad immunity agreement. What's outrageous are the Dems who let him off so easy in their (in vain) thirst for bigger fish.
    To clarify: it's outrageous when *certain* military personnel can be guilty/convicted of crimes but get *special" treatment. Any soldier can be dishonorably discharged for conduct unbecoming in a JAG court-martial, and lose their VA benefits. But they're just grunts. Apparently, there's a different standard for Colonels and Generals.

I blame the military for its duplicity and hypocrisy more than congressional politicians, but they're not off the hook, either.

You're wrong in this case, GGT. North got out of it not because of anything to do with rank or privilege but because Congress was too eager for the material he could dish to them and offered him far too much in their "limited" immunity agreement to guarantee his testimony for their investigation. Because they were overeager and thought they could get way more out of his testimony than was actually the case. They screwed over criminal prosecution of North for the own (failed) hopes of political opportunism. And North and his lawyers took advantage of the overbroad agreement to get him out of even more than the Committee thought they were giving away.