Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Yeah, the point would be to bar him from running for political office in the future.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Last edited by Aimless; 01-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

They released the quacken
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Growing number of LEOs getting busted:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Huh. I would have bet anything that Guiliani at least had enough dirt on Trump to ensure he got paid.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Huh. I would have bet anything that Guiliani at least had enough dirt on Trump to ensure he got paid.
    Cohen probably had more dirt and look where that got him... even if Giuliani does have anything on Trump, it might not be anything that makes a difference wrt Trump's fate. And, let's face it, Trump is gonna need all the money he has

I know this story, it is the Scorpion and the Frog.

Why did you sting me, now we will both drown?
    I couldn't help it, it is my nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I know this story, it is the Scorpion and the Frog.

Why did you sting me, now we will both drown?
    I couldn't help it, it is my nature.
    Close, this one's the Scorpion and the Toady

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    no it's not lol
    Steely's right. The three heads (chief and the two sergeant-at-arms) will resign and that will be the end of it.

Yes Trump can pardon the insurrectionists since it was a Federal crime. He can't pardon State crimes but since DC isn't a State everything in DC falls under the purview of Federal.

No he won't (I think) as it's against his own self interest.

If he pardons the criminals then that means that the Feds can't spend their time and effort going after the people who committed the crimes. It will also be impossible for the likes of Graham etc to say "justice has been done, let's draw a line in the sand and move on" though he'd try to find a way.

Instead the Feds would have no recourse to respond besides going after the person who instigated it - him. He would be setting himself up as the only fall guy left. Especially if it's ruled a self-pardon is unlawful.

If he doesn't pardon them he can leave them swinging in the wind to take the fall as he walks away saying "oh that? Terrible, nothing to do with me. But I was robbed and people are angry ..."

As always with Trump he will look after number one first. Letting his supporters face the courts instead of him is in his self interest.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Biggest threat Trump now poses is that he will issue a mass pardon

1. Will he try to do this?

2. Would it be legal?

3. Are there any ways to counteract it?

4. What would the broader consequences of a mass pardon be?

10 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Trump has a lotta people to pardon(all protesters proven not to be antifa). Better be quick about it, 25 closing in.

edit: does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Rand is probably right. These are just more people who failed him, after all. They didn't compel Congress, they're useless to him now, and so unless they can pony something up for him he's got no interest in providing them with pardons.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    10 days ago

does he need a list of actual names or can he do a blanket pardon?
    Blanket pardon was done after Vietnam for any draft dodgers who'd gone to Canada, was never challenged.

Considering he spoke at the rally and promoted it, should it be a surprise?

John Earle Sullivan - he also a Proud Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    He's a grifter, but I'm not sure what you think bringing up the exception that proves the rule will accomplish. The evidence is overwhelming wrt who the criminals were, what affiliations they have, what their goals were and what drove them. 99% of the attackers were combinations of right-wing, MAGA, Republican, white supremacist extremists and QAnon nutters. It is genuinely weird to focus on the one person whose only allegiance is to shit-stirring. Kinda shows that you're full of shit.

After the reports on the day of Police Officers in MAGA hats etc this video is eye opening. A very brave, courageous and clever Officer to engage single handedly with a mob like that and probably saved people's lives. Amusing to hear that he's a registered Democrat - imagine feeling the threat to life is so severe the only way you can safely do your job is to put on one of those stupid hats and tell the crowd you support Trump.

Credit to the force. Shame it came to that. Still he's probably lucky someone caught the whole thing on his phone so it's so clear exactly what he was doing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-55700011

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    That's all you got to say eh?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    That's all you got to say eh?
    What else is there to say?

I mean, none of the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol vandalised a KFC or McDonalds on the way did they? So, nothing to see here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Pretty much every single one of the attackers that have been arrested and identified have straightforward MAGA/QAnon/militia/white supremacist profiles.

I think that what Lewk is saying is that Trump's supporters are so dull witted and weak willed that thousands of them can be controlled by a single random guy, and that they should get leniency for reasons of the mental retardation that all MAGA folks suffer from.

Except that:
    “At <Sullivan's> second protest he invited the Proud Boys on stage, he invited the militias on stage and said, ‘We want to work with you, we want to be friends with you,’” Scott said. “That is when he officially got blackballed by the activist community.”
    He has a history with MAGA, and since he's been to Proud Boys events, but never done more with BLM than voice support. He's got more claim to being a Proud Boy than whatever org Lewk is trying to dump him on.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sell-to-russia

Because what is more patriotic than attempting to sell information to the Russian intelligence services.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I mean, none of the insurrectionists who stormed the Capitol vandalised a KFC or McDonalds on the way did they? So, nothing to see here ...
    They did trash a few airbnb ratings after their hosts turned them into the FBI.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I think this is the thread for Trump's Insurrection, right?

If McConnell found a spine, he probably knows where the RNC hid every other Republican's. I think there's going to be a conviction.