Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

How it started and how it ended

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It really is amazing how unprepared the Capital Hill Police force was when it was known that a Trump rally was heading that way, fired up by Trump, looking to disrupt what was going on inside.

Compare
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mi...ine-2020-06-02

The show of force came after President Donald Trump on Tuesday again urged governors to call in National Guard troops to quell nationwide protests that have often turned violent, after threatening Monday night to deploy military forces. On Monday, federal police aggressively cleared a peaceful crowd of protesters in front of the White House, so Trump could have a photo op at an historic church across the street, a move condemned Tuesday by many congressional Democrats but few Republicans.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

To be fair to capitol police, they did make some arrests yesterday

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

What was that Amendment again? The one before the Second Amendment.

I forget.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Seeing a lot of takes like these right now:

We can stop the analyses now

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    the other three died due to medical emergencies, but obv. not impossible that those emergencies may have been related to what transpired.
    That's why you always build a ventilation system into your cosplay when you plan to show off for the whole event.

We can stop the analyses now

One was gravity. He fell while trying to scale a wall and died from his injuries.

Everton Football Club managed to get involved with the insurrection

Everton Football Club managed to get involved with the insurrection

Well that's ...

I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I... what??!!

Trump in Facebook jail:

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I... what??!!

There's no point in impeachment. They're incapable of actually acting with speed and it's a pointless gesture anyway, particularly since he's finally effectively conceded (granted he still has not and probably never will formally do so but he's finally agreed to transition). And that's the only thing they might have done between now and Biden's inauguration. Granted, they're also cowards and are running away from the possibility of being placed under threat by a mob again.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

There was a report earlier that someone close to Trump was in contact with the mob while they were shitting all over the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    There's no point in impeachment. They're incapable of actually acting with speed and it's a pointless gesture anyway, particularly since he's finally effectively conceded (granted he still has not and probably never will formally do so but he's finally agreed to transition). And that's the only thing they might have done between now and Biden's inauguration. Granted, they're also cowards and are running away from the possibility of being placed under threat by a mob again.
    He retains his powers until the inauguration, and can potentially do more damage in that time, unless he's removed—either with the help of Pence and the cabinet, or through impeachment and a swift trial. Politically, it would be valuable and important both to show a willingness to act and to make Republican senators own Trump's deeply harmful actions. Just because something might be a symbolic gesture doesn't mean it can't have great value—it can be the most appropriate response to a violation of norms. It's like the old Japanese folktale about the case of the stolen smell

I don't begin to have sufficient knowledge to rule it out and I think he would quite happily have gone along with it if a coup successfully developed but in the face of speculation by people talking about how things ought to work from well outside, I'mma have to apply Hanlon's Razor without real evidence.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I... what??!!

Good. No more judicial appointments etc by Trump.

wow who would want to defund these incompetents

The dumbass who stole the podium has been identified, surprise surprise he is from Florida.

I think this is probably going to happen again.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I don't begin to have sufficient knowledge to rule it out and I think he would quite happily have gone along with it if a coup successfully developed but in the face of speculation by people talking about how things ought to work from well outside, I'mma have to apply Hanlon's Razor without real evidence.
    Oh, I agree there. If anything, I'd suspect Trump just wants to see everything burn.

But it does show jow badly this was planned and managed by the police - either sheer incompetence, loyalty, afraid to become Trump's target, direct orders not to prepare, support for the protesters, could be many reasons besides coup. But to be honest, just incompetence seems unlikely given how much this was announced in advance, and how well protected the Capitol has been during other protests this year.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

How it started

How it started

How it's going
    "We're all trying to get into the Capitol to stop this"

I rest my case your honour.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars