Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Seems Republicans no longer believe "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide", and "you should just comply with the police".

The whole "if they can come after a former president, they can come after everyone" argument makes no sense anyway - yes, if they have probable cause, anyone can indeed be subject to a search warrant. Hell, they all said nobody should be above the law when it came to Hillary and the FBI..

I do hope they did find what they were looking for, because if nothing comes from the search, the faux outrage will be unbearable. Then again, given that, I'm pretty sure they only went in if they were very sure they'd find something.
    I expect they will but since my understanding is that this is about him improperly taking classified material, I suspect it still won't end up being worthwhile
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Oh damn.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

And a MAGA loon was shot and killed after trying to break in an FBI office and firing at the police..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Warrant

Crime 1
    Crime 2
    Crime 3

Interestingly, none of crimes he's being investigated for are about classified documents specifically, and the "I declassified all of them and just forgot to tell anyone" defence he's trying isn't actually relevant to the crimes he's accused of here. Also, nuclear documents can't be declassified.

Call from WH switchboard to a rioter's personal phone—rioter's identity now revealed:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/26/p...n-6/index.html

Adam Schiff: "Certain White House and Secret Service witnesses previously testified that they had received no intelligence about violence that could potentially threaten any of their protectees on Jan. 6 ... Evidence strongly suggests that this testimony is not credible."

Highlights from a number of emails describing intel on planned violence circulating. SS and their text-clearing looking mighty dodgy rn.

He's not even pretending anymore. He knows there are no consequences.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Final J6 committee hearing today. Number of criminal referrals expected, which means, er, probably nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Final J6 committee hearing today. Number of criminal referrals expected, which means, er, probably nothing?
    I guess you must get delayed news out there in the wilderness. Old news. It ended 15 minutes ago.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

No, I've been following it on Twitter, just forgot to click submit

Related: Michigan AG charges 16 false electors

https://www.michigan.gov/ag/news/pre...false-electors

I think it's very interesting to think back on how some of trivialized the Trump presidency.

Shocking update from Georgia:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/boss-leave...y?id=104831939

Still waiting for Trump to actually pay a price for his crimes.

Having to say "we didn't really mean it" isn't much of a punishment or deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Having to say "we didn't really mean it" isn't much of a punishment or deterrent.
    Honestly don't know whether or not to be surprised none of them ended up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Honestly don't know whether or not to be surprised none of them ended up in jail.
    Hard to end up in jail if there's no criminal investigation. The AG there (a Dem) basically washed his hands of it and decided it was a DoJ issue, not his. No clue what's going on with the federal prosecutor whose territory that is.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Hard to end up in jail if there's no criminal investigation. The AG there (a Dem) basically washed his hands of it and decided it was a DoJ issue, not his. No clue what's going on with the federal prosecutor whose territory that is.
    aight let's do this

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...-2020-election

Last edited by Aimless; 12-15-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Unfortunately for the victims, the GOP is the anti-Lannister party.

Roger Stone caught on tape plotting to kill congressmen:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ex...ed-ever-doing/