Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: How it's going—Proud Boys edition

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    From Trump. This is brazen, even for him. He's just openly admitting that he wanted to steal the election now - right after calling for attacks "the biggest protests ever" on anyone who tries to prosecuting him and promising to pardon the Jan 6 insurrectionists. The DoJ needs to get their ass in gear and put this lunatic behind bars.
    Um no pretty sure that would be cancel culture
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Time to check in with conservative media to see how they're presenting the news of Trump's confession.
    Fox News:

Click to view the full version

Newsmax:

OANN:

Hm. Guess they all forgot to cover it.

I don't think I'll ever understand why anybody thinks he's anything other than a gibbering idiot.

I don't think I'll ever understand why anybody thinks he's anything other than a gibbering idiot.
    This is a masterclass in fascist boomer seduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This is a masterclass in fascist boomer seduction.
    post-Boomer. The Boomers are mostly retired/retiring and Trump's appeal is with those who feel economically cheated by not enjoying what they thought the Boomers got and they should also be getting.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

The new norm.
    Hope is the denial of reality

2 Fair 2 Balanced

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...y-6-nr-vpx.cnn

Loving this totally normal political discourse.
    2 Fair 2 Balanced

I'd have expected they cover it while criticising him, but I guess that'd be too hard so they just ignore him?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/oath...ry?id=83212947

First guilty plea for seditious conspiracy, and he's cooperating.

Thread:

Last edited by Aimless; 03-25-2022 at 12:42 AM.

Thread:

This one was a bit under the radar for me, but, whoa. Just whoa, Mr Thomas should be ashamed. (FYI ; I used Mr on purpose).
    Congratulations America

Definitely a situation where an ethical person should have recused themselves
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Why are SCOTUS justices exempt from ethical standards other judges have to follow? That just doesn't make any sense.

Because there's no enforcement mechanism, no system for holding them to it beyond being removed from the position by Congressional impeachment. And actually, it's not limited to SCOTUS justices. Many/most states only have impeachment or periodic retention elections to remove judges as their sole mechanisms for enforcing standards. Even in areas where there is a genuine "head" of the bench with real administrative power/authority, it's typically very much a first-among-equals and provides for minimal oversight and regulation. It's a major procedural problem with our benches.

Absolutely incredible the lengths to which Fox is going to protect their viewers from the hearing. They didn't even give Carlson a pee break! The facts presented really hammered home the sheer fascist nature of the whole attack and the GOP's support of it. Don't remember how much they'd previously revealed about congressmen seeking pardons, but yikes.

That was the first time they revealed the bit about all the congressmen seeking pardons. They've only named 1 of the names, though they implied the group included every congressman they subpoenaed. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I thought they did a really good job at the hearing. I can see why Fox News was so terrified that their viewers might see it.

But our resident cuck said that the hanging chants and structures where nothing to be concerned about...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I mean step one should be to make him deny that he asked for a pardon under oath or to the FBI or something

Today's highlights: Giuliani was drunk when he started pitching his coup plans, virtually everybody knew the Big Lie was a lie and told Trump, Trump knew everything he said was a lie when he said it publicly, and Trump fraudulently stole $250 million from his own supporters using the Big Lie as a cover.

Today's highlights: Giuliani was drunk when he started pitching his coup plans, virtually everybody knew the Big Lie was a lie and told Trump, Trump knew everything he said was a lie when he said it publicly, and Trump fraudulently stole $250 million from his own supporters using the Big Lie as a cover.
    Okay but is it really fraud if you're notoriously crooked and your donors are notoriously stupid and you never get punished?

I hope the DoJ lets us know the answer to that ASAP!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2101787.html

Video evidence that a GOP member of congress led a group of people around Capitol buildings day before the riot, taking pictures of hallways, security checkpoints, and the nameplate on the office of one of their targets. And one of the guys was filmed the next day carrying a weappm and makimg threats.

Wonder if he was one of the people who asked for a pardon.

I mean obv Thomas is one of the SCOTUS justices Eastman was alluding to, but who's the other? Alito or Kavanaugh? Thomas absolutely has to recuse himself from anything even remotely related to this treasonous shitshow, but what about his accomplice?

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2101787.html

Video evidence that a GOP member of congress led a group of people around Capitol buildings day before the riot, taking pictures of hallways, security checkpoints, and the nameplate on the office of one of their targets. And one of the guys was filmed the next day carrying a weappm and makimg threats.

Wonder if he was one of the people who asked for a pardon.
    A lot of people think so, a lot of people

Dang... Bowers