Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trust the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    NONE of these allow for domestic terrorism, assaults and looting. The law has to be applied equally *regardless of cause.* The fact that you want one rule for morons who use violence for a political cause you detest and another for for political causes you agree with ought to be shameful. But somehow I doubt you see it that way. Ends justify the means, eh?
    Aha. So you understand domestic terrorism, assaults and looting are different crimes.

If you use that knowledge and apply it, you might figure out why you're talking bollocks. The charges aren't different because it's a different political cause, it's different because of different crimes.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You are delusional. All I ask is the same standard be applies
    No you're not. All three of those examples were ones drawn from your posts.

regardless of the reason for the domestic terrorism.
    See, this is just your cop-out. You or someone you saw used the label "domestic terorrism" and so you've decided you can play with that point. Me, I used "felony-murder." Others here used "insurrection". We don't accept your terminology or conceptual space for this.

The law has to be applied equally *regardless of cause.*
    We are. You're not. Different crimes have different consequences. They didn't just riot. There was an attempt to overturn the democracy, for some, and for me, I'm content to hang my hat on the dead cop, and the abetting act of mass-criminality, primarily because it's YOUR standard and I'm posting to point out YOUR rampant hypocrisy and inconsistency.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Aha. So you understand domestic terrorism, assaults and looting are different crimes.

If you use that knowledge and apply it, you might figure out why you're talking bollocks. The charges aren't different because it's a different political cause, it's different because of different crimes.
    Correct. If you rob a place for money that is not domestic terrorism. If you rob a place for a political cause that is domestic terrorism. If you set fire to a courthouse because you want more work as a firefighter you're an arsonist, if you set fire to it because you dislike cops and the courts you are a domestic terrorist. If you scale the capital building as a publicity stunt you are a lame Youtuber and a trespasser, if you invade the capital because you didn't like the results of an election you are a domestic terrorist. I'm fully aware of the difference. The key point I am making is that violence for a political cause directed at the capital, the police, businesses, courthouses etc are all domestic terrorism. What some people on this forum like to do is excuse rioting when its for a cause they have sympathy with.