Thread: The Resolute desk

Default The Resolute desk

Americans,

A little question; do you agreee the Resolute desk is butt ugly and doesn't fit the oval office at all ?

For me it looks like a piece of furniture that one keeps only because it's old, not because it's really nice.

I'm not overly interested in lectures about the origins of the desk; I can actually read. I'm also not interested in the twists in British panties over questioning the right of their precious gift to be in the office of POTUS.
    Congratulations America

The whole place is ugly and now Biden is undoing the one bit of innovation in there by uninstalling Trump's diet coke button
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Americans,

A little question; do you agreee the Resolute desk is butt ugly and doesn't fit the oval office at all ?

For me it looks like a piece of furniture that one keeps only because it's old, not because it's really nice.

I'm not overly interested in lectures about the origins of the desk; I can actually read. I'm also not interested in the twists in British panties over questioning the right of their precious gift to be in the office of POTUS.
    I'm not sure why anyone cares one way or another? It's just a desk.

To be honest I never really understood fine furniture or antiques. It always seems like way to much to pay for a table or desk or chair or whatever.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Its ugly but does the job and looks Presidential. I couldn't care less but why mess around with it?

Not like alternatives Presidents have tried out as a desk look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone cares one way or another? It's just a desk.

To be honest I never really understood fine furniture or antiques. It always seems like way to much to pay for a table or desk or chair or whatever.
    Maybe that's why they keep it, because it was free?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

They've kept it because they love relics, and this is a pretty cool relic (esthetic deficiencies notwithstanding). It's also ridiculously heavy. Obv if they'd been able to commission a Japanese master carpenter before being gifted with the desk, they would've done that instead
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Maybe that's why they keep it, because it was free?
    Yes, because the US federal government is known for its thriftiness.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)