Thread: Medical debt and prison

Default Medical debt and prison

From ProPublica:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    From ProPublica:

Do you believe life should be free?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

When my daughter's school bus was tboned she was loaded onto an ambulance and taken to the local hospital without my permission. And thanks to how FL car insurance works I was on the hook for ALL those bills and was required to go after the other drivers (Who denied all wrong doing despite the intersection having cameras) insurance company for reimbursement. That took almost 6 months to get them to pay up. What about my medical insurance? doesn't cover ambulance rides, so that's a grand right there for a 2 mile trip. And since everyone with a payroll is moving over to a high deductible plan that's still 4 grand I was expected to front (plus 10% of everything over).

How many people can weather a 5 grand bill that they had no ability to avoid? Then throw on the lingering effects like jacked up insurance rates for the next several years.

My parents went bankrupt due to my dad's cancer and lost their house. I think the only reason my mom is still alive is because she was diagnosed before the Republicans ruined Obamacare.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

School bus? Was it a private school school bus?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

The phrase 'medical debt' is obscene, whoever invented it should be the one in prison.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    When my daughter's school bus was tboned she was loaded onto an ambulance and taken to the local hospital without my permission. And thanks to how FL car insurance works I was on the hook for ALL those bills and was required to go after the other drivers (Who denied all wrong doing despite the intersection having cameras) insurance company for reimbursement. That took almost 6 months to get them to pay up. What about my medical insurance? doesn't cover ambulance rides, so that's a grand right there for a 2 mile trip. And since everyone with a payroll is moving over to a high deductible plan that's still 4 grand I was expected to front (plus 10% of everything over).

How many people can weather a 5 grand bill that they had no ability to avoid? Then throw on the lingering effects like jacked up insurance rates for the next several years.

My parents went bankrupt due to my dad's cancer and lost their house. I think the only reason my mom is still alive is because she was diagnosed before the Republicans ruined Obamacare.
    This makes for incredible reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.