Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Oh wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Sweden eliminated, did not expect that!

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Wouldn't want to be in the top brackets.
    Hope is the denial of reality

At least my prediction of an England vs Belgium final is still possible.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Wow. Pretty cool that UK Prime Minister Marcus Rashford could also take some time off to play
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That was a close game

I have nothing but disdain for Denmark, but I have to concede that it was pretty sporting of them to score for both teams. Completely wrong call on that penalty; if you're gonna have VAR, you should use it. I expect the two countries will maintain friendly relations—united by their racist politics—but this is gonna take some time to get over.

Hey now, no criticising the referees. That was the best Dutch team in the semifinals.

England will need to play a lot better or get very lucky on Sunday.

it will be interesting to see the English press process all the dives

I saw a headline: Raheem Sterling's greatest performance for his country sets up showdown against Italy.

It's true, it was a performance worthy of an Oscar.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I guess this is the first time in my life I want Italy to win.
    Congratulations America

It begins...

More action off the pitch than on it:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    shining lasers into goalies' eyes
    What is this, the 90s?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I just started watching.
    Congratulations America

What is this, the 90s?
    This Is England

Didn't understand what Chiellini just did.
    Congratulations America

Italy wins.
    Congratulations America

Frankly, the entire country and every single one of these asshats should be blacklisted. Constant violence, unsportsmanlike booing, shining lasers into goalies' eyes, just the worst bunch of cretins in European football.
    Clearly you haven't watched Balkan or Russian football.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Kinda fun to have a victory celebration in the capital of your opponent.
    Congratulations America

I think Southgate might regret those changes in the 120th minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I think Southgate might regret those changes in the 120th minute.
    Somehow he thinks they did a wonderful job. He must have been watching a different match.

Had I made those decisions, I would actually wonder the wisdom of them. At least in retrospect.

Anyway, Italy won. And that made my night, and my day today. You should see the whine-fest on English newspapers. You could be forgiven for not knowing who won after looking at them.
    Congratulations America

I'm confident that the roster for penalty takers would have been decided long before the final, and practiced daily during the course of the tournament. I'm also confident that the players chosen volunteered for it, knowing full well what was to come. It would have been a collaborative decision, planned and discussed in depth. It's not something you change at the last minute.

Southgate made the right call bringing them on so late. We were not in a good place from the second half onward and needed the likes of Walker and Henderson for as long as possible.

Southgate and the team did an amazing job. Punched well above their weight.

Italy were the better team and the best team by a long way in the tournament. They deserved their win and their incredible undefeated streak.

Bring on next year!

Just gonna be an endless stream of shit from these people:

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I'm confident that the roster for penalty takers would have been decided long before the final, and practiced daily during the course of the tournament. I'm also confident that the players chosen volunteered for it, knowing full well what was to come. It would have been a collaborative decision, planned and discussed in depth. It's not something you change at the last minute.

Southgate made the right call bringing them on so late. We were not in a good place from the second half onward and needed the likes of Walker and Henderson for as long as possible.

Southgate and the team did an amazing job. Punched well above their weight.

Italy were the better team and the best team by a long way in the tournament. They deserved their win and their incredible undefeated streak.

Bring on next year!
    I really don't get why you Brits think 'next year' your chances of winning are better than in this tournament. If anything they will be less.
    Congratulations America

Eurgh, lazy generalisations. Well done. Very clever stuff. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so smart in the internet. Everyone is really proud of you.

If it makes you feel a better I don't think we'll be good enough to win the world cup. I think getting to the finals in the euros though improves our chances of getting out of the group stages and in to the knockouts.

You've got a team with some promise and some good luck. There simply is no reason to assume they're going to get anyway near a final in a tournament that is actually significantly harder than the one just played.

This 'the championship belongs to us' is already annoying when Italians, Germans or Italians do it. But al least they don't have to hark all the way back to the middle of the last century to back up such a claim. Coming from Brits, even today, sounds preposterous and causes people to seriously dislike you.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Eurgh, lazy generalisations. Well done. Very clever stuff. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so smart in the internet. Everyone is really proud of you.

If it makes you feel a better I don't think we'll be good enough to win the world cup. I think getting to the finals in the euros though improves our chances of getting out of the group stages and in to the knockouts.
    Honestly, if I were English, I'd settle for seeing them regularly kick Johnson's and Patel's asses all up and down the internet they played good football—objectively—but the biggest story was the one that has continued to unfold off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You've got a team with some promise and some good luck. There simply is no reason to assume they're going to get anyway near a final in a tournament that is actually significantly harder than the one just played.

This 'the championship belongs to us' is already annoying when Italians, Germans or Italians do it. But al least they don't have to hark all the way back to the middle of the last century to back up such a claim. Coming from Brits, even today, sounds preposterous and causes people to seriously dislike you.
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm excited and I have some hope.

Who, exactly, has been saying "this championship belongs to us"? Are you just making things up, or taking an extreme example from one or two people and then equating that with an entire nation?

What, exactly, have I said to make you so angry?

Honestly, if I were English, I'd settle for seeing them regularly kick Johnson's and Patel's asses all up and down the internet they played good football—objectively—but the biggest story was the one that has continued to unfold off the pitch.
    Oh, yes. Both Johnson and Patel are getting completely pwnd right now and it's glorious.