Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I'm not assuming anything. I'm excited and I have some hope.

Who, exactly, has been saying "this championship belongs to us"? Are you just making things up, or taking an extreme example from one or two people and then equating that with an entire nation?

What, exactly, have I said to make you so angry?
    You personally? Nothing. But in a context where people actually believe football has any homecoming to do it touches on raw nerves if you write anything resembling entitlement.
    Congratulations America

And what have I said that resembles entitlement?

'Bring on next year' were used just a bit more often than at least my tolerance levels could deal with.
    Congratulations America

England is on the verge of winning and always will be.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Eurgh, lazy generalisations. Well done. Very clever stuff. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so smart in the internet. Everyone is really proud of you.

If it makes you feel a better I don't think we'll be good enough to win the world cup. I think getting to the finals in the euros though improves our chances of getting out of the group stages and in to the knockouts.
    Eh, they played pretty good, but realistically a big reason they got to the finals was a lucky draw avoiding most tough opponents, which is less likely to happen at a world cup. On the other hand, plenty of young players who got a lot of valuable experience, so who knows. But yeah, you should be able to get out of the group stage, though honestly for a country like England that ought to be a minimum each tournament.

Anyway, it's in a year, a lot can happen, let's see. I'm definitely expecting England to do better than the Dutch, for what it's worth
    Last edited by Flixy; 07-13-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!