Thread: SD AG faces misdemeanor charges, impeachment, after suspicious fatal hit-and-run

Default SD AG faces misdemeanor charges, impeachment, after suspicious fatal hit-and-run

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I know accidents are a mess to put together in lots of situations, and people involved in them have imperfect memories...but this guy seems confused to say the least. I genuinely can't tell if it's suspicious or clueless.

Also I've never seen reading glasses called "cheaters"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Also I've never seen reading glasses called "cheaters"
    Really? Maybe you should put your cheaters on when reading.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I thought "cheaters" were sunglasses? A new term for me too but it made more sense to me than them being reading glasses. Regional idiom?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Really? Maybe you should put your cheaters on when reading.
    well played

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I thought "cheaters" were sunglasses? A new term for me too but it made more sense to me than them being reading glasses. Regional idiom?
    In that case I would have been surprised at the victim wearing sunglasses at night in the winter in South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I know it's not, but that looks like an Ashley Madison-type site

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    well played

In that case I would have been surprised at the victim wearing sunglasses at night in the winter in South Dakota
    As opposed to a far-sighted person wearing reading glasses while outdoors at night (or while they'd been in their car driving)?

Incidentally, the only use of "cheaters" I see in media/cultural references is the old song "Jeepers Creepers" where they are used for sunglasses, not reading glasses.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I have only heard of cheaters being used to refer to non-prescription reading glasses - usually in context of someone avoiding moving on to needing bifocals.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.