Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Fetisvus Report

Default 2020 Fetisvus Report

https://www.paul.senate.gov/sites/de...ivusReport.pdf

The bug study... smh. We don't have a tax problem, we have a spending problem.

Why are you linking to something brought out by one of the dumbest and most disingenuous people in Congress? The report describes hugely expensive decisions necessitated by mismanagement that he himself contributed to, which resulted in the debt skyrocketing "from $23 trillion to more than $27 trillion". He can't be taken seriously on any of these issues, any more than he can be taken seriously as a physician.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Why are you linking to something brought out by one of the dumbest and most disingenuous people in Congress? The report describes hugely expensive decisions necessitated by mismanagement that he himself contributed to, which resulted in the debt skyrocketing "from $23 trillion to more than $27 trillion". He can't be taken seriously on any of these issues, any more than he can be taken seriously as a physician.
    Typical - can't defend the spending, can't attack the argument he is making about government waste so you resort to attacking the messenger. Rand Paul regularly votes against spending bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The bug study... smh.
    Thats actually a rather important study as we search for meat alternatives. Cricket as a food item is getting more and more popular but its also, historically, a rather "unsafe" option. Even for reptiles, crickets are only recommended as a staple in states that have banned the import of dubia roaches. His argument against the study shows Aimless' comment to be spot on.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-24-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That's stupid. It isn't the government's job to provide food, that's the free market.

I had no idea that you were so confused as to the nature of the FDA
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Its like you didn't even read the outlined objection.

Instead of testing Americans’ appetite for
    cricket powder, the NIH and NIFA should
    have trusted the private sector, which has filled
    the market need created by those who opt not
    to eat animal protein, and done so much better
    than government could hope, if this study is
    any indication of what NIH’s plan is. Two
    businesses have become staples for many
    trying to skip the animal while keeping the
    protein. One company, which produces a
    plant-based meat substitute, is worth about
    $4.5 billion.
    10 Meanwhile, a competitor
    completed another round of funding this year,
    in which it raised $500 million and received a
    valuation of $2 billion.11 Needless to say, it
    seems Americans have made their choice
    regarding what they’ll eat for protein instead of
    beef, and it’s not crickets.

I got a lotta problems with federal spending, and now you’re gonna hear about it!
    Closes pdf.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Its like you didn't even read the outlined objection.

Instead of testing Americans’ appetite for
    cricket powder, the NIH and NIFA should
    have trusted the private sector, which has filled
    the market need created by those who opt not
    to eat animal protein, and done so much better
    than government could hope, if this study is
    any indication of what NIH’s plan is. Two
    businesses have become staples for many
    trying to skip the animal while keeping the
    protein. One company, which produces a
    plant-based meat substitute, is worth about
    $4.5 billion.
    10 Meanwhile, a competitor
    completed another round of funding this year,
    in which it raised $500 million and received a
    valuation of $2 billion.11 Needless to say, it
    seems Americans have made their choice
    regarding what they’ll eat for protein instead of
    beef, and it’s not crickets.
    The objection is crap, which is to be expected of this guy. The study did more than look into appetite. Rand even admitted this, you must have read that part. The fact that you're trying to be so dishonest about it after having already shared Rand's own twisted words is just...idiotic.

Gut microbiota composition still has a lot of unknowns and studying and correcting it is prohibitively expensive. Its part of the reason why we have so few ways to handle things like IBS and Crohn's disease.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-24-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    The objection is crap, which is to be expected of this guy. The study did more than look into appetite. Rand even admitted this, you must have read that part. The fact that you're trying to be so dishonest about it after having already shared Rand's own twisted words is just...idiotic.

Gut microbiota composition still has a lot of unknowns and studying and correcting it is prohibitively expensive. Its part of the reason why we have so few ways to handle things like IBS and Crohn's disease.
    None of this is the government's responsibility. If an enterprising business person wants to expand into insect foods - let them. Furthermore AMERICA is pretty much the last country on earth that needs to worry about a lack of food supplies. We could easily triple our food supply if there was a demand for it. We have so much land that can be used for raising cattle, chickens, even more for grain/corn etc. America has a ton of space available.

Typical - can't defend the spending, can't attack the argument he is making about government waste so you resort to attacking the messenger. Rand Paul regularly votes against spending bills.
    I'm attacking the messenger for being a moron and I'm attacking you for being an even bigger moron, both of which are evident from his asinine report.

For example:

Maybe, just maybe, cutting agencies blank checks is why the debt skyrocketed from $23 trillion to more than $27 trillion.
    There's no "maybe" about it. Paul knows why the debt skyrocketed - he and his party made it happen, through bills that greatly reduced the govt's income, and through decisions over several decades that vastly increased the govt's expenditures. In the report, he performatively bitches about £54.5bn of "waste", which amounts to just over 1% of the 4 trillion that was added to the debt. Well over half of those $4 trillion are directly attributable to the pandemic - much of the costs of which are directly attributable to his party's spectacular mismanagement of it, and much of which was wasted due to his party's insistence on legislation that practically begged businesses to take advantage of the govt. with complete impunity and at the taxpayer's expense. I'd expect a majority of the remainder is explained by ill-conceived GOP tax cuts and red states.

It is like you are completely ignorant on how often Rand Paul bucks his own party and votes *against* almost all bills that add to the deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Well over half of those $4 trillion are directly attributable to the pandemic - much of the costs of which are directly attributable to his party's spectacular mismanagement of it
    Just be glad the moron didn't get to manage it. His idea was: ignore the whole thing and create herd immunity. The US would be well over half a million deaths by now, and the economy would have tanked hard.

But it's impossible to argue with people who believe in invisible hand market bollocks fairy tales.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

It is like you are completely ignorant on how often Rand Paul bucks his own party and votes *against* almost all bills that add to the deficit.
    I understand you're subliterate but if you can post on this forum you must be able to understand how fucking stupid it is to say something like this

Maybe, just maybe, cutting agencies blank checks is why the debt skyrocketed from $23 trillion to more than $27 trillion.
    when you're a legislator from the governing party who knows exactly why the debt skyrocketed by $4 trillion. Paul himself voted to increase the debt by $1 trillion. Paul himself has pushed the dangerously stupid narratives that have not only cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars but also seen well over 300k Americans dead and many more ill. The man is an idiot and a liar. It's sad to see you trying so hard to outdo him when it comes to stupidity and dishonesty, because you've obv. already surpassed him in those respects simply through innate ability.

None of this is the government's responsibility. If an enterprising business person wants to expand into insect foods - let them. Furthermore AMERICA is pretty much the last country on earth that needs to worry about a lack of food supplies. We could easily triple our food supply if there was a demand for it. We have so much land that can be used for raising cattle, chickens, even more for grain/corn etc. America has a ton of space available.
    Ignoring how God damn stupid the food chain claims are, it is very much the responsibility of the us government to ensure food safety. Shit was kind of a mess when it was left up to the "free market".

I see it is time for conservatives to pretend to care about the deficit again.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...b041c3c7d773f/

"As he forced a brief government shutdown overnight to draw attention to his party’s hypocrisy on deficit spending, Kentucky’s junior senator was the personification of William F. Buckley’s definition of conservatism: standing athwart history, yelling stop, at a time when no one is inclined to do so, or to have much patience with those who so urge it.

“I ran for office because I was very critical of [Barack] Obama’s trillion-dollar deficits. Now we have Republicans hand-in-hand with Democrats offering us trillion-dollar deficits,” Paul said during a floor speech, as he predicted that “a day of reckoning” is coming. “I can’t in all good honesty, in all good faith, just look the other way because my party is now complicit in the deficits.”"

That's from 2018.

LOL, what else did he do? I hope he didn't vote for tax cuts which will increase the federal debt by an estimated $1-2 trillion dollars over the coming decade.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

LOL, what else did he do? I hope he didn't vote for tax cuts which will increase the federal debt by an estimated $1-2 trillion dollars over the coming decade.
    He's libertarian leaning which means he's in favor of lower taxes and lower spending. Not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

It's the closest to a concession that Biden won that you're going to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

He's libertarian leaning which means he's in favor of lower taxes and lower spending. Not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
    "Libertarian leaning" lmao mate he's a moron and a tool.

Look buster, if one part of his ideology (lower the deficit) is not compatible with another part of his ideology (lower taxes), that's not my problem. I didn't invent libertarianism. I'm not fucking... Howard T Libertarianism. I don't even like it and is not my job to try and resolve it's internal tensions.

But if it was, it's not like this one is a hard problem to solve. He could just say "I normally support lowering taxes, but I cannot support them until we get the deficit under control" or he could support tax cuts that might have a chance of improving tax receipts by putting money back in the hands of people who will actually spend it.

He could even decide that worrying about a 'deficit' in a entity that can create money at will and has the power to cause economic growth with it's own spending doesn't make much sense, and ditch that entirely, although that would, admittedly, throw his entire political career into question given that he claims that he started because of Obama's deficits. Even though those deficits were actually caused by the 2008 crash and recession, which was in turn caused by libertarian leaning policies.

So maybe he wouldn't do that last one, but he could have done one of the other two. But he wouldn't do that either because it's not about the fucking deficit and never was, it's about making rich people richer.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It's not even about that, the guy's just LARPing because he's a useless dingbat who fears responsibility and has no real purpose in life.

And that goes for Rand Paul too

If these guys are just big goofy idiots, what does that make the people who have consistently failed to stop them implementing their agenda for the past several decades?
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This is the same "libertarian" who backed Trump at every turn, including supporting the lawsuit seeking to overturn the election result. The guy is a gutless, self-righteous sycophant and his neighbors (including the one who snapped) deserve a Nobel prize for putting up with him.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This is the same "libertarian" who backed Trump at every turn, including supporting the lawsuit seeking to overturn the election result. The guy is a gutless, self-righteous sycophant and his neighbors (including the one who snapped) deserve a Nobel prize for putting up with him.
    Was that the "libertarian" who wanted to trample on states rights by arguing in court against states rights on how they run elections (though only in states where Trump lost, cooncidentally)? I thought Lewk would despise him for his federalist overreach...
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Was that the "libertarian" who wanted to trample on states rights by arguing in court against states rights on how they run elections (though only in states where Trump lost, cooncidentally)? I thought Lewk would despise him for his federalist overreach...
    Yes, his only principle is to be a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes, his only principle is to be a jackass.
    Who's your favorite small government proponent politician?

Who's your favorite small government proponent politician?
    Amash is the only one who stood up for his principles. It's telling he had to leave the GOP as a result.