Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
$150,000 a month? Good for her.

Find a better school, I'm sure one will take them. Ridiculous.
Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
What a shameful thing to take out on children, instead of protecting them from what is basically bullying from parents and children.

On the other hand, it's amazing how we all know people desire others in their midst as an ordinary part of living, yet also shun those whose desirability is part of their employment.
While I'm not sure I agree with the school's actions, I don't think they're so clearly in the wrong here. When the matter was essentially internal to the school community - other parents and neighbors being unhappy with the mother's work on OnlyFans - the school let the kids stay. It was only after she went public with not just her identity but that of the school (in a major, albeit garbage, newspaper), things take on a different complexion.

I am not an expert on Catholic views on posting nude and semi-nude imagery and sexual fantasies on the internet for pay, but I would assume that it runs counter to the teachings of the school in question. Having the school's name so prominently associated with a parent who so clearly is flouting the communal standards is indeed problematic. While it certainly seems unfair to the kids, how else is the school to publicly separate itself from this parent's actions?

Should a madrassah tolerate a parent competing in an international bacon eating contest? What about a yeshiva tolerating a parent openly desecrating the Sabbath? When parents choose to send their children to a school with an explicit value system like this, they are also making a commitment to live - at least in public - within this value system. In fact I'd bet that a lot of schools make this an explicit part of enrollment. By openly tying the school to her modeling, she left them in a difficult position.

If I were running the school, I might have tried to figure out a way to distance the school from her behavior while not expelling the kids, and indeed it seems like they tried it before she went public. But it's not shocking to me that they just wanted to sever their relationship with her entirely, especially once she made an internal spat so public.

This whole thing reminds me of Noah Feldman's mini-controversy he started over a decade ago when he complained that his Orthodox alma mater didn't want to celebrate his intermarriage with a gentile. I mean, seriously, what were you expecting?