Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even more Black on Asian violence

Default Even more Black on Asian violence

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ld-in-oakland/

OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – Police have made an arrest in connection with the assault of a 75-year-old Asian man in Oakland early Tuesday morning, according to the Oakland Police Department.

“I am saddened to hear of yet another violent attack on the elders of our community,” said Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong. “The trauma this causes has a ripple effect, on the victim, their family, and the entire community. My officers are dedicated to bringing those involved in this senseless crime and all crimes to justice.”

KRON4 News has learned that the Oakland Police Department arrested 26-year-old Oakland resident Teaunte Bailey in connection with this crime.

How many Asians must suffer before American society confronts the festering hatred within the black community towards Asians? Silence is violence.

Anecdotal evidence never tells a complete story - so lets get some facts.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv18.pdf

TABLE 14
    Percent of violent incidents, by victim and offender race or ethnicity, 2018
    Offender race/ethnicity
    Victim race/
    ethnicity
    Number of
    violent incidents Total Whitea Blacka Hispanic Asiana Othera,b Multiple offenders
    of various races
    Whitea 3,581,360 100% 62.1%* 15.3% † 10.2% † 2.2% † 8.1% † 2.1% †
    Blacka 563,940 100% 10.6 † 70.3* 7.9 † <0.1! 9.3 † 1.9 ! †
    Hispanic 734,410 100% 28.2 † 15.3 † 45.4* 0.6! † 7.4 † 3.0 †
    Asiana 182,230 100% 24.1 27.5 7.0 ! † 24.1* 14.4! 2.9 ! †

That's hard to read on a copy and paste but you can check the link, the important stat:

Black on Asian violence accounts for 27.5% of the violence Asians face, despite black folks only being about 13% of the population. By contract Asians on black violence accounts for .1% of the violence black Americans face. When it comes to interracial crime there is no greater divergence within America. We saw this sort of racial tension explode when Koreatown burned in the 90s due to black racism in action. Had the Asians in LA not armed themselves it would have been far worse. And while I love a good vigilante story, its high time America confronted the racist way it treats Asians, and it has to start with the biggest proportional problem.

But clearly "White Supremacy" is to blame!

https://www.vox.com/22321234/black-a...darity-history

"What also isn’t new in times of anti-Asian sentiment is the focus on relationships between Black and Asian communities. Many of the attacks that have gained widespread attention have featured Black assailants, and have threatened to inflame tensions between Asian Americans and Black Americans. While Vox found no evidence that Black Americans are predominantly responsible for this rise in attacks, or that they are particularly hostile to Asian Americans relative to the rest of the population, the narrative of Black-Asian hostility is rooted in immigration and economic policies that have historically pitted these communities against one another."

No evidence? I take it the writer never even looked at the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

https://apnews.com/article/georgia-u...83d9baf4866154

Are you going to start another thread on white on Asian violence?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Why would he rat on his kind like that?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Oh look at the data. The per capita white on Asian and black on Asian numbers - I have a handy link provided you can click on! But yes we should also condemn white racists, all racists regardless of race are bad. Heck I'm sure there are even some Asians who are racist (though the data shows they rarely kill other races, the numbers are staggeringly small) but like all racists they should be condemned.

Let me ask you a direct set of questions.

Is there a significant anti-Asian racism problem within the white community?

Is there a significant anti-Asian racism problem within the black community?

This thread is timely ...

Atlanta shootings: Asian women among eight killed at three spas

Eight people, many of them women of Asian descent, have been killed in shootings at spas in the US state of Georgia.

Police said the shootings took place at a massage parlour in Acworth, a suburb north of Atlanta, and two spas in the city itself.

South Korea later confirmed that four of the victims were of Korean descent.

Officials said a 21-year-old man had been arrested and was believed to be the suspect in all of the attacks.

No motive has yet been established.

However, hate crimes against Asian-Americans have spiked in recent months, fuelled by rhetoric that blames them for the spread of Covid-19.

In an address last week, President Joe Biden condemned "vicious hate crimes against Asian-Americans who have been attacked, harassed, blamed and scapegoated."

The first shooting happened at about 17:00 (21:00 GMT) on Tuesday at Youngs Asian Massage Parlor in Acworth, Cherokee County.

Sheriff's office spokesman Capt Jay Baker said two people died at the scene and three were taken to hospital, where two more died. He later confirmed that the victims were two Asian women, a white woman and a white man, and that a Hispanic man had been wounded.

Less than an hour later, police were called to a "robbery in progress" at Gold Spa in north-east Atlanta.

"Upon arrival, officers located three females deceased inside the location from apparent gunshot wounds," police said in a statement.

While there, officers were called to a spa across the street, called Aromatherapy Spa, where they found another woman shot dead.

Police quoted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said that all four Atlanta victims were Asian women.

Investigators who had studied CCTV footage then released images of a suspect near one of the spas. Police said that, after a manhunt, Robert Aaron Long, of Woodstock, Georgia, was arrested in Crisp County, about 150 miles (240km) south of Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

How white supremacy tried to divide Black and Asian Americans
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Maybe this does need its own thread, cause holy shit the way the police are excusing the behavior of this white religious asshole...

Thinking about all the black kids gunned down in cold blood by cops, and then we get 'he was no angel'/'he should have obeyed instructions', then... this.

Is the dissonance deliberate? I think it might be deliberate.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You realize that was already linked and properly mocked earlier this thread?

https://medium.com/illumination/hi-b...y-40e30a262fab

"We’ll start with a little bit about me and some of my life experiences with Black folks.
    When I was 5, I got beaten up by a 17 year old Black girl just for crossing the parking lot of my apartment complex, trying to get home. This happened so often to the Asian children that we were instructed to stay at the bus stop until an adult could come get us.
    When I was 5 and a half, my Black neighbors climbed up a ladder outside of my second story window and threw white powder into my bedroom. My brother and I woke up covered in it. Soon after, my parents begged and borrowed money from our community to move our family out of that neighborhood.
    When I was 13, walking towards the back of the school bus, two Black boys grabbed my ass and laughed.
    When I was 15, I confided to a Black friend about what had happened to me when I was 5. He was a grown man in his 30s; I was a volunteer at the museum and he was the security guard. I thought I could trust him. He laughed in my face as though me being a kid getting beat up was the funniest joke he’d heard in a good long while and walked away.
    When I was 22 and working in an ad agency, there were only two minorities on my team. Me and a Black woman. When I went over to say hi, I asked her what music she was listening to. She looks me up and down and says, “India Arie, but you wouldn’t know. You’re not Black.” Then she snickers and turns away.
    When I was 26 and working in NYC, as I was rushing to catch my commuter bus, a homeless Black man says to me, “Give me money.” I ignore him as people tend to do because we get hustled in Port Authority all the time. He then says to me, “Chink bitch.” Funny how there were literally thousands of commuters around, yet it’s the Asian woman that gets targeted.
    When I was 36, I’m walking with my coworker to grab some lunch in Times Square. Black guy is standing on the corner trying to pass out his rap CDs. He tries to hand me one. I say, “No, thanks.” Then he says to me, “Fuck you, fat chink.” Funny how he didn’t say anything to my red-headed White coworker. Just to the Asian woman.
    When I was 38, I went to Philly to attend the DNC, where I also intended to march in solidarity with Black Lives Matter. That’s where I was told — and not for the first time — “stay in your lane,” “Asians don’t face racism,” and “Asians don’t know oppression.”"

I thought that was wildly inappropriate for a police officer. Then I read the rest of the article, and he's the community relations director. Wtf.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You realize that was already linked
    Must have got overlooked in your sea of racist bullshit

properly mocked

When I was 17 I was killed by a cop.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Must have got overlooked in your sea of racist bullshit

Didn't know facts could be racist. But do go on and explain - but remember what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If the media can go on about the problem of racism in the white community surely if the facts show even MORE violence directed toward Asians from another community they should also be called out for their racism. Show me the flaw in the logic here.

This is words and not actual physical violence but its curious how blatant anti-Asian racism is tolerated if the person making the statement is black and liberal.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-po...t-16039069.php

"Using asterisks in references to the racial epithet, Collins continued, “Do they think they won’t be deported? profiled? beaten? Being a house n****r is still being a n****r. You’re still considered ‘the help.’”"

Calling an entire group of people racial slur and no consequences for years. I guess some people are "more equal" than others.

Is it tolerated? A certain black editor just lost her job for making racist, anti-Asian comments as a teen.

Good article! The part about being "historically malnourished" with a fragmented understanding of history -- and white supremacy -- is sad but true.

Lewk obviously didn't read it, but he wouldn't admit his white Christian nationalism is rooted in racism, anyway. That's just an added layer of denial that makes unlearning racial prejudices even harder.

More black on Asian hate crimes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/beauty-stor...211947417.html

"Kim was left bloodied with multiple bruises and a broken nose that she said will require surgery. Her son, Sun Jung Lee, was also scratched across his face during the incident as he fought off the attackers.Footage from the parking lot shows the assailants nearly running over Lee and his father with their car before driving off. Lee said to KPRC that his mother remembers the attackers shouting, "You little Asian girl." “They started saying something like some racial words like, ‘Asian people shouldn’t be in the Black market,’” he added. Both suspects, identified as Keaundra Young and Daquiesha Williams, were arrested for the attacks. Young was charged with aggravated assault while Williams was charged with assault. "

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...odied/2957690/

Another hate crime, this time at least they are treating it as such.

"Narayange Bodhi, who is from Sri Lanka, was commuting on a northbound 1 train to his security job Friday afternoon when was punched in the head in an attack prosecutors say left the man unconscious.

The suspected attacker, 36-year-old Marc Mathieu, was initially arrested on Sunday for assault charges. The NYPD later filed charges for assault as a hate crimes, department officials confirmed Monday."

https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/video-...op-at-protest/

"The officer, a 16-year veteran of the force, was assigned to a march near the Stonewall Inn on March 11 when a protestor approached him and began spewing anti-Asian slurs, according to sources with knowledge of the incident.

“Suck a dog’s d—k, p—-y. Then cook it and eat it in front of your mother,” the man tells the cop, according to footage of the shocking incident obtained by The Post.

He goes on to tell the officer to have “a goddamn tea party,” before repeating the word “soy sauce” in a mocking accent."

Hardly made the news given how frequent anti-Asian rhetoric and expletives can be found in the black community these days. Hey Loki would you consider this guy a racist?
    Last edited by Lewkowski; 03-27-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Lewk, have you considered getting a job with Breitbart?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

These aren't difficult questions.

He lacks the necessary work-ethic and photogenicity
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

https://www.washington.edu/news/2021...sian-violence/

The latest wave of anti-Asian violence surged due to anxiety over the coronavirus. Even with the arrival of vaccines, anti-Asian violence has persisted. What can explain that?

The pandemic brought into relief the extreme disparities that exist in this country. The wealthy and middle class have more or less been able to shift to remote work, while the working class has either faced unemployment or had to continue low-wage work with constant anxiety of uncertain protections against the virus. Essential workers like grocery store employees and farmers have not had opportunities to socially distance and work from home. The former president’s anti-Asian rhetoric tied to the “Chinese Virus” and “Kung Flu” provided a target for the frustrations of many whose lives were upended and thrown into uncertainty.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...ainst-n1261257

Now the former president was happy enough to fuel that hate to cater to his white supremacy followers, Biden is taking a different approach.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...icans-n1255713
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post

These aren't difficult questions.
    Yes and yes.

Yes and yes.
    Hey you answered, I'm surprised. Now I'm curious if you talked about the need to stop anti-Asian racism in the black community within the halls of academia, what would you think would happen? (We already know the answer if you talked about anti-Asian racism within the white community).