Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even more Black on Asian violence

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I'm unsure how this is a meaningful rebuttal to Lewk's premise. If there is, as Lewk posits, in no small part satirically, a problem with anti Asian racism in the wider black community, existing as a kind of mirror to what many would have you believe common in the wider white community, then this violence provoked by mental health is just exposing bare what would otherwise be hidden by less impulsive behavior. In essence a mental health rendition of in vino veritas. Lewk's obvious point here isn't about which communities are more racist, and to whom they are racist, (though he may also hold opinions about that) but instead the differences with which racism and racist attacks are covered by the news media, popular culture, and politicians writ large.
    I assume there are racists in every community. But certain Republican politicians and media personalities are constantly making Covid's link to China into a salient issue. For some of those people, Democrat or Republican, this will be enough to drive them over the edge from implicit racism to overt racism. And a small subset of those people will end up using violence. And you'd have to be deluded to think that the president (Trump) saying something and having that be reported on widely is going to be ignored by non-Republicans.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/61-year-as...ry?id=77286172

Sadly this keeps happening. Because it isn't' politically correct to point out the extreme levels of racism in the black community I don't think we'll see a lessening of anti-Asian violence anytime soon.

280x

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/61-year-as...ry?id=77286172

Sadly this keeps happening. Because it isn't' politically correct to point out the extreme levels of racism in the black community I don't think we'll see a lessening of anti-Asian violence anytime soon.

280x
    https://abc7ny.com/jarrod-powell-yao...hate/10552566/

You mean yet another attack by a mentally ill homeless person. Care to guess as to why African Americans are overrepresented in that group?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    https://abc7ny.com/jarrod-powell-yao...hate/10552566/

You mean yet another attack by a mentally ill homeless person. Care to guess as to why African Americans are overrepresented in that group?
    Probably poor starts in single parent households.

https://abc7ny.com/asian-american-re...chen/10574519/

I don't know if these kind of attacks are being reported more, but what is it with homeless people attacking people in New York? It happened every so often before, but it seems to be a weekly occurrence now. Did NYC release most of its mentally ill prisoners or something? My guess is the violent ones were kept off the streets before bit were let loose thanks to Covid.

The idea of letting violent people out of prison before other types of criminals is beyond stupid. The one thing the government should be doing more of (keeping its streets safe) is the thing it is utterly failing at.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inmate-br...201314885.html

"An inmate in Los Angeles could face assault and hate crime charges after attacking an Asian American custody assistant last week.

The incident, which was caught on a security camera, occurred at the Inmate Reception Center (IRC) on May 5 at around 10:45 a.m.

What happened: Investigators say detainee Arnulfo Meza, 29, attacked the female employee, 54, because she is Asian, KABC reported.

Meza's left hand was unsecured from his waist chain after he asked to use the restroom.

In a video of the incident, the custody assistant is seen handing Meza toilet paper before he punches her three times. The woman falls to the floor, and Meza punches her two more times.

"

WTF is wrong with white people...that admitting our society is (wrongly) based on white male supremacist "values" has become a political wedge issue?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    WTF is wrong with white people...that admitting our society is (wrongly) based on white male supremacist "values" has become a political wedge issue?
    What exactly are "white male supremacist values" in your mind? I've heard CRT activists classify certain things as 'whiteness' but I'm curious what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    What exactly are "white male supremacist values" in your mind? I've heard CRT activists classify certain things as 'whiteness' but I'm curious what you think.
    Stop lying. You don't have a "curious" bone in your body, let alone an honest one.

The entire history of the US is based on the white man taking land away from the Native Indian, then using imported Black slave labor to build the infrastructure and industries, all by using force. The "moral justification" narrative was created by the white male Christian patriarchy intent on expanding their power, not on the gospels of Jesus. We have a long history of moral hypocricy; ignoring it or trying to revise history won't make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Stop lying. You don't have a "curious" bone in your body, let alone an honest one.

The entire history of the US is based on the white man taking land away from the Native Indian, then using imported Black slave labor to build the infrastructure and industries, all by using force. The "moral justification" narrative was created by the white male Christian patriarchy intent on expanding their power, not on the gospels of Jesus. We have a long history of moral hypocricy; ignoring it or trying to revise history won't make it go away.
    Specifically what are "white male supremacist values" you used the term, define them for me.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-arrest...for%20May%2017.

A California man arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting an Asian woman is suspected of two other attacks and could be linked to more, the Fremont Police Department posted on its Facebook page late Friday night.

Alexander Lomax, who police described as a 28-year-old man from Hayward, was arrested Thursday, Fremont police said.

Police said he severely beat and assaulted a 67-year-old Asian woman in broad daylight around 11 a.m. on Thursday in the front yard of a residence near Grimmer Blvd. and Blacow Rd. in the Bay Area, according to a Friday press release.

Another homeless, likely mentally ill person who shouldn't have been free.