Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Israeli's newest antics

RACISM AND CULTURAL IMPERIALISM. Those children's religion forbids dancing, he is CONTAMINATING THEM.

Upon closer inspection, they may be Israeli or Settler-Israeli children.

Hard to tell from the video, but I have plenty of friends in the reserves who procure their own 'crowd suppression technology' for guard duty. It's called candy, and the Palestinian kids are generally far happier to banter with the soldiers and take a sweet than throw rocks. Generally, violence only happens when their parents/elders encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    As I thought. Others are doing it as well so it's ok to have shoddy choreography, awful choice of music and be totally out of sync. Christ, it's attitudes like this that makes people distance themselves from the IDF. And don't you dare to compare that performance to US soldiers. They are professionals.

Spoiler:
    Ok, I'll grant you they also chose a piece of musical crap to dance to, but just look at them. You can see the hours going into hard training paying off. They're not even in the same balllpark as the IDF.

Yeah ... now whose the chosen people, eh?

If you can show me one single piece of evidence of Hamas or even Fatah doing a little routine like this, I would like to see it.

So who thinks there are no gays in the US Military?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

A new development - the palestinians in Hebron uploaded a response to the dance by the Nahal unit

Also, the soldiers from the Israeli video were given an educational punishment - they will now create a second video in which they'll explain why creating such videos in the army is wrong

Most of those people look like the biggest threat they've faced in their lives was a cut to their allowance.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Yeah, some of those folks don't look especially Palestinian. Interesting that some folks are trying to turn this into "part of the conflict".

Ehud Barak accepts responsibility for Gaza flotilla raid
    Israeli defence minister tells inquiry military were to blame for execution of operation which left nine activists dead

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...za-raid-israel

Sohaib/Mossad, Barak is admitting that the military goofed and he, as Defense Minister, bears responsibility for a poorly executed operation. That's not at all admitting that the convoy itself wasn't a total and illegal provocation.

I suspect you are a Zionist Mossad agent, sent to make the Palestinian cause look bad.

Well, well, well. Go Israel
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Amusingly, most Israeli reports of the testimony indicate that Barak actually was throwing the IDF under the bus and trying to escape relatively unscathed (the IDF chief of staff, in return, blamed the political echelons and not the military planners). There are rumors that Barak and Ashkenazi are increasingly at odds with one another.

Of course, either way, sohaib's reading of things is flawed. 'Responsibility' is rather different from 'blame', let alone 'guilt'.

Yeah, it sounds like he really passed the buck on that one. Eeesh.