Thread: NVIDIA and AMD Have Failed the PC Gaming Community

Default NVIDIA and AMD Have Failed the PC Gaming Community

But on a positive note, I kinda feel a need to thank them for forcing me into VR gaming.

I hope NVIDIA and and AMD enjoy catering to miners instead of PC gamers. When the mining craze crashes again, I WILL NOT BE BACK.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Won't be back? You don't have much of a choice

The anti scalping measures should be coming from the retailers, those are the ones who failed you. Everyone is suffering due to the semiconductor shortage. Not just video cards. Of all the things to hate nvidia over, the current market conditions rank pretty fucking low.

I just hope Biden does something about the tarrifs from trumps ill-fated fucking trade war by the time stock becomes reliable.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Won't be back? You don't have much of a choice
    Don't need a PC graphics card for top-notch VR anymore.

The alternative is what?

I think he is trying to compare snapdragon to the 3080 and 6900?
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-19-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I think he trying to compare snapdragon to the 3080 and 6900?
    Not comparing anything. How would you compare flat screen gaming to VR gaming?

3080? 6900? Haha! At over $2000. Are you considering that option? My 2070 Super at $500 last year will make due for flat screen gaming for now.

The anti scalping measures should be coming from the retailers, those are the ones who failed you.
    Almost didn't respond to this because I'm sure you know better than that. This is not the first round of this. The last round NVIDIA mentioned adding anti-mining code to prevent this. Their newest card actually featured this but failed to make it work by releasing a hack.

I'm actually not ok with paying extra to add bloat and limitations to my purchase. And I hardly consider some incompetent idiot releasing a beta driver as a hack. This is nvidia after all.

Bloat and limitations?

You understand how the handshake worked in order for nvidia to make that "unhackable" limitation?

Dear NVIDIA,

Stick your surplus up your ass. Why should I consider purchasing two year old tech at prices above the introductory price.

What I do is that I monitor prices and events.
    Now I know bitcoin crash leads to cheaper prices.
    So we need to learn to predict events that lead to next crashes.
    If I have to wait, I can wait a lot to buy.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.