Thread: The trial of notorious killer-cop Derek Chauvin

Default The trial of notorious killer-cop Derek Chauvin

Started today.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Body cam footage shows killer cops murdering a man having a panic attack, in broad daylight, as per their training (according to their attorney).

I know it's the prosecution who go first but still, the police seem to be hanging Chauvin out to dry. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56642582

Not much sign of a thin blue line so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Jury back with a verdict, due in the next few minutes.

Has to be guilty surely?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

No. And being America there will be riots either way.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

​Guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    No. And being America there will be riots either way.
    Cops would've lost their shit either way, but the mfer has now been found guilty. Hope it sticks.

Though the Judge has already said that one moronic dipshit Democrat Congresswoman has given him grounds to appeal. Stupid twunt.

Hopefully the appeal fails if it is lodged, but should never have given him any grounds to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Though the Judge has already said that one moronic dipshit Democrat Congresswoman has given him grounds to appeal. Stupid twunt.

Hopefully the appeal fails if it is lodged, but should never have given him any grounds to have one.
    The appeals will be along the lines of tainted jury pool - note, those appeals even if successful will not mean Chauvin goes free, it would just mean there would have to be another trial. Maxine Waters and the retards who threw a pig's head at the *former residence* of a defense witness are beyond stupid.

I don't understand how someone can be convicted of both second and third degree murder of the same individual (that would be second degree murder and manslaughter in most states). How can you be guilty of second degree murder and not be guilty of third degree murder (manslaughter)? Second degree murder is third degree murder with the added distinction that it was committed with reckless disregard for human life.

difference-between-degree-murder

Basically its a way to get charges to stick. That way if an appellate court says the 2nd degree murder wasn't appropriate for some reason or another the lesser charges still stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Basically its a way to get charges to stick. That way if an appellate court says the 2nd degree murder wasn't appropriate for some reason or another the lesser charges still stand.
    The appellate court can strike just the "with reckless disregard for human life" portion which would leave manslaughter in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    The appellate court can strike just the "with reckless disregard for human life" portion which would leave manslaughter in place.
    Depending on the exact state of law (jurisprudence as well as coded) doing so with a "lesser included" might require declaring a mistrial and that it be retried.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

So finally systemic racism is over. It was one man's fault. Not a system that was racist. The veredict says it. No more need to protest.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

The "one bad apple" is exactly how those moronic conservative talking heads are spinning this and I can't tell if you're mocking them or agreeing with them.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."