Thread: Driving while cops are confused (and you're black)

Default Driving while cops are confused (and you're black)

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The kid got killed because he had an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror, yet another racist "I smell weed" stop.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

He got killed because he tried escape and drive away while being arrested, not because of an air freshener - and it does seem to have been an accident that a gun was used instead of a taser.

But I don't see any excuse to use a taser there either. The guy was trying to get away, yes, but getting away isn't violence. Force should only be used to stop imminent harm of life and someone trying to escape is not imminent harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The kid got killed because he had an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror, yet another racist "I smell weed" stop.
    That's the most fucked-up part. Fucking air-freshener and an officer inadvertently acting out a deadly version of the cake-or-death bit. When cops are this incompetent and deadly, all stupid laws that increase likelihood of police encounters should be repealed.

lol no. The pulled him over for expired tags and then went to arrest due to the open arrest warranted from him waving his gun around last year. Then the officer fucked up and shot him with a gun instead of a tazer when he resisted arrest.

Oh it gets even better!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/daunte-wr...-he-was-killed

"Wright allegedly blocked the door, preventing her from leaving. Wright then allegedly pulled a black handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket," pointed it at the woman and demanded the $820, the court documents say."

He also choked her and reached under her bra (sexual assault).

"Wright then allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away.

The court documents say she was able to pry herself loose and "started to kneel down and scream." She told authorities that she allegedly heard Driver tell her to give the money to Wright, who was yelling at her to stop screaming.

She reportedly screamed at them to get out of her apartment, telling them that the cops were close. Wright allegedly told her he would shoot her and said, "Give me the money and we will leave, give me the money and we will go.""

What an actual fucking menace. His parents must be so ashamed to have raised such an evil little shit. So glad he won't hurt, threaten and assault another woman again. No wonder the evil turd tried to run, he knew he was going to be going to be going to prison.

Lewk opting for a bold 'it's ok to kill people with a history of violence towards women' stance there. Wonder what he's going to do when he finds out how many cops are violence towards their spouses.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 04-14-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Lewk opting for a bold 'it's ok to kill people with a history of violence towards women' there. Wonder what he's going to do when he finds out how many cops are violence towards their spouses.
    Unless those violent people are actively trying to overthrow the US government. Then we need to understand where they're coming from.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Unless those violent people are actively trying to overthrow the US government. Then we need to understand where they're coming from.
    If you are referring to the Jan 6 riot show me where I've ever said one thing in support of them.

You just supported Roger Stone. Because...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    He got killed because he tried escape and drive away while being arrested, not because of an air freshener.
    Considering that the US police hands out arrest warrants like candy, that's not much of an argument. It's also never justified to shoot at a fleeing person. Taser or otherwise.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Considering that the US police hands out arrest warrants like candy, that's not much of an argument.
    It's an argument for them being arrested, which isn't "they had an air freshener". No more than that.
    It's also never justified to shoot at a fleeing person. Taser or otherwise.
    I completely agree which is why the post you quoted had this part you cut out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    But I don't see any excuse to use a taser there either. The guy was trying to get away, yes, but getting away isn't violence. Force should only be used to stop imminent harm of life and someone trying to escape is not imminent harm.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Fair enough.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Considering that the US police hands out arrest warrants like candy, that's not much of an argument. It's also never justified to shoot at a fleeing person. Taser or otherwise.
    For want of a nail.

Maybe it's a semantic point, or maybe it is actually handled differently elsewhere, but in the US police don't hand out arrest warrants, a court/judge/magistrate does.