Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
That's wonderful, but medicine proscribes that I get pills and a mild suggestion that I could lose some weight by eating less and moving more. Which, not from lack of trying extremely hard, I know doesn't work for me. To be a bit more specific, even while I was implementing my changes already (which I am not supposed to be able to stick to, regardless of effect) an increase of the dosage was planned. And only stopped because I confronted them with consistent low blood glucose measurements.
No, "medicine" does not proscribe that. Doctors do. And some doctors jump to medication immediately while others try the non-medication approach first. It also always depend on the level of deviation from the norm you're showing - for middle to large deviations pretty much any doctor will likely choose the more cautious and "proven to work" approach.

Please don't act as if "medicine" was a thinking being. Maybe choose some other doctors while you're at it. It's not as if they haven't their share of ineptitude as well.