Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you care......then

Default If you care......then

I'm an aspiring music producer, it's another of my hobbies.

This is my web page where you can listen to my music if you like.
    There are no adds, and I only have one item for sale, but not many of you would be interested in it any way.

It's electronic downtempo with a few sub genres mixed in.

I designed the web site from scratch, which is also another of my many hobbies.

Please let me know what you think
    http://www.velvetskyemusic.com

Default Re: If you care......then

Which brings up the question .... (and apologies for thread hijack ...)

What will board policy be, if any, on advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Advertising is a tool of satan and must be eliminated.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2

Well I don't think this is advertising so much as him wanting to show off his portfolio of work.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions

Well I don't think this is advertising so much as him wanting to show off his portfolio of work.
    At least someone understands.

We'll have to iron our these kinds of policies over time, but at the moment I think this is fine.

No Dread. It's AD SPAM.
    Ban it!
    Ban it now!

(*pssst, have you met our new DJ Yami?)

I am about 800 pages into a novel that will never be published, but oh well Just wait all...someday you will appreciate knowing the bestselling author in the world! :lol:
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler
    No Dread. It's AD SPAM.
    Ban it!
    Ban it now!
    You forgot:
    With fire!

Anyway, I also produce music as hobby, here is some of my work:
    http://www.ilike.com/artist/earthJoker
    http://www.myspace.com/earthjoker
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

My band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AIDS>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your band

How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions
    Quote Originally Posted by Weber
    At least someone understands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    We'll have to iron our these kinds of policies over time, but at the moment I think this is fine.
    This is what I was looking for. A policy for what we do when (not if) we start getting umpteen adspam posts about buying trainers from China or how to rip DVDs.

Not a policy for promoting your own stuff, which I'm all for. So don't get me wrong Weber, this was just a prompt.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I'm not going to lie.... (I can see the flames coming already), I'm not sure if I like this weber character, or if I like the fact that it is entertaining to see Bitter, Lolli, and Ness all gang up against him, yet he seems to be holding his own....

But either way, it's making the forums interesting.

Keep it up guys, I'm enjoying the laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I think Weber already admitted he was a jerk, which gained him points in my book.

But I don't really care, so I really shouldn't be posting here.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    Advertising is a tool of satan and must be eliminated.
    True enough. Read my sig.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
    I think Weber already admitted he was a jerk, which gained him points in my book.

But I don't really care, so I really shouldn't be posting here.
    Me neither.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    I'm not going to lie.... (I can see the flames coming already), I'm not sure if I like this weber character, or if I like the fact that it is entertaining to see Bitter, Lolli, and Ness all gang up against him, yet he seems to be holding his own....

But either way, it's making the forums interesting.

Keep it up guys, I'm enjoying the laughs.
    How do you define holding his own?

How do you define holding his own?
    Might as well just call him a wanker and be done with it.

I was actually going to listen to it until I read "electrical downtempo with a few sub genres mixed in" sounds a bit complicated to me, I just listen to music. What happened to the music?
    Oh yeah,and, Webster is a whiney little turd
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

It's interesting to say the least seeing all these mixed opinions. I do appreciate those of you who took the time to view my site though. I know that my music is not for everyone. Now about advertising, there really isn't any. There are some articles about the software I use, but they aren't links that will go to an online store or anything. They are just intended to demonstrate to people why I like the software I use. Furthermore I don't see how me saying "hey check out my site" is anything different than someone saying "hey check out the new forums for the cc". Primarily because there is no money to be made by doing so.

Note to the "verterans" ( ) : ganging up on someone, especially a newb to the community, regardless of his missteps, is not very cool.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    Note to the "verterans" ( ) : ganging up on someone, especially a newb to the community, regardless of his missteps, is not very cool.
    What if that someone began it by trashing a "veteran" for no reason at all?

What if that someone began it by trashing a "veteran" for no reason at all?
    That veteran should flame the shit out of him and be done with it. I don't know any veterans here who can't take care of themselves.

EDIT: If it goes on to the point where there's harrassment or really very abusive attacks being thrown around (thinking of some of silverlinks comments a long way back) then its fair to step in to a friend's defense. Or let a mod warn him. That's what mods are for, after all. You wouldn't want Dread or Rand to feel useless, would you?
    The Rules

That veteran should flame the shit out of him and be done with it. I don't know any veterans here who can't take care of themselves.

EDIT: If it goes on to the point where there's harrassment or really very abusive attacks being thrown around (thinking of some of silverlinks comments a long way back) then its fair to step in to a friend's defense. Or let a mod warn him. That's what mods are for, after all. You wouldn't want Dread or Rand to feel useless, would you?
    :lol: The Silverlink thing was actually what I was thinking of. I felt loved.

:lol: The Silverlink thing was actually what I was thinking of. I felt loved.
    You were, m'lady. The one and only dude I ever officially reported for saying horrible things.
    The Rules

Yes I started the trashing, but I also apologized for it(though some won't accept it or let it go). I've been trying to keep cool and will continue to do so.

True enough. Read my sig.
    *advertising

[/tim]

What the hell, man? I get a few minutes to check out the boards this morning, and everyone is on weber's ass. I make a comment about his music (as he described it) sounding as though it lacked direction, and threw in a sarcastic 'jump-on-the-bandwagon' assholish remark. When I come back you're all throwing him a pity party.

Quick!

It's not too late to jump on the pity bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner
    What the hell, man? I get a few minutes to check out the boards this morning, and everyone is on weber's ass. I make a comment about his music (as he described it) sounding as though it lacked direction, and threw in a sarcastic 'jump-on-the-bandwagon' assholish remark. When I come back you're all throwing him a pity party.
    They can't help themselves.

Quick!

It's not too late to jump on the pity bandwagon!
    I'm for whoever brings me the most cookies. :mischief: