Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you care......then

Default Re: If you care......then

Pretty interesting stuff, Weber. Very impressive textures, nice production with some cool panning.

If it were me, I'd explore a couple of things
    1) chord changes. This has always been my complaint about a subset of electronica.
    2) Tinny/digital percussion. Endemic. Analog-sounding percussion and a meaty bass goes a long way towards giving electronica some heft. Of course, my crappy ear buds here are probably a good chunk of the problem.
    3) Adding layers. Another fault of the cmputer musician. The songs just accumulate new licks over time. Real songs are more dynamic. They have phases, even if it's only verse chorus verse chorus.

That said, you have a nice foundation here. If I were you I'd collaborate with somebody who can play guitar and bass. That would add a great dimension to your music, if you find the right guy.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    You were. milady. The one and only dude I ever officially reported for saying horrible things.
    Oh, so you didn't come to my defense when he expressed the hope that my kidney disease would kill me, and soon?

Stupid EyeKhanDy

EDIT: If it goes on to the point where there's harrassment or really very abusive attacks being thrown around (thinking of some of silverlinks comments a long way back)
    Best thread ever. I will never match the utter astonishment and hilarity of having Silverlink's penis enlargement history revealed. Jaw-dropping internet goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS
    *advertising

[/tim]
    Shit. Thanks for the heads up.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner
    What the hell, man? I get a few minutes to check out the boards this morning, and everyone is on weber's ass. I make a comment about his music (as he described it) sounding as though it lacked direction, and threw in a sarcastic 'jump-on-the-bandwagon' assholish remark. When I come back you're all throwing him a pity party.
    No no no. I'm the pity party coordinator. And it's not that, just feel for someone being jam piled. You should trash him yourself if he's been a dick to you. But don't corrupt the rest of the folks here; they are impressionable and won't understand.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Shit. Thanks for the heads up.
    No problem, wouldn't want your credibility destroyed by an errant light keystroke.

Quote Originally Posted by '
    ['ear]

Oh, so you didn't come to my defense when he expressed the hope that my kidney disease would kill me, and soon?

Stupid EyeKhanDy
    I was out of the forum during that whole affair. I didn't know you got surgery until you posted that pic of your hideous scar and balding head. I had no idea someone wished you dead. Was that Silverlink??? Also, I didn't know anything about his penis enlargement either.

EDIT: Im liking the Eye Candy nick. I didn't know you felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS
    No problem, wouldn't want your credibility destroyed by an errant light keystroke.
    My credibility's taken hits from far worse than careless spelling.
    The Rules

No no no. I'm the pity party coordinator. And it's not that, just feel for someone being jam piled. You should trash him yourself if he's been a dick to you. But don't corrupt the rest of the folks here; they are impressionable and won't understand.
    I'd taken it differently if you said "don't trash the guys work when you admit you've never listened to it" or "There's a limit of three abusers on any one asshole at a time, please wait patiently until your turn". But, I'm a sarcastic ass, never denied it. I was just busting your balls weber, don't take it all personal and such. I'm always leaving mine out to be kicked. Next time take your best shot, on the house.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

My credibility's taken hits from far worse than careless spelling.
    I was trying to give you a chance to cop out, but I appreciate the honesty far more.

Quote Originally Posted by '
    ['ear]Pretty interesting stuff, Weber. Very impressive textures, nice production with some cool panning.

If it were me, I'd explore a couple of things
    1) chord changes. This has always been my complaint about a subset of electronica.
    2) Tinny/digital percussion. Endemic. Analog-sounding percussion and a meaty bass goes a long way towards giving electronica some heft. Of course, my crappy ear buds here are probably a good chunk of the problem.
    3) Adding layers. Another fault of the cmputer musician. The songs just accumulate new licks over time. Real songs are more dynamic. They have phases, even if it's only verse chorus verse chorus.

That said, you have a nice foundation here. If I were you I'd collaborate with somebody who can play guitar and bass. That would add a great dimension to your music, if you find the right guy.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks a bunch for your criticism, I will definitely seek to apply some of your suggestions in future productions. It's nice to see someone with an ear for this type of music.

I was just busting your balls weber, don't take it all personal and such. I'm always leaving mine out to be kicked. Next time take your best shot, on the house.
    You seem like a pretty cool dude and I didn't take it personal, I'm not overly sensitive in that way. I would have no reason to kick you in the balls.

"There's a limit of three abusers on any one asshole at a time, please wait patiently until your turn".
    :lol: This ought to be a forum rule.
    The Rules

I would have no reason to kick you in the balls.
    Give me time.

I'll do it! I'll kick you in the nut sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor
    I'll do it! I'll kick you in the nut sack.
    you'll lick my... , oh, it's a 'K'. Damn, that close.