Thread: Eid mubarak

Default Eid mubarak

The combination of Eid, Ascension day (bank holiday in Sweden), and beautiful summer weather has been pretty spectacular... so many happy children, women, and men, out and about in their finest—or in their most casual—just living in the moment. Tomorrow's what Swedes call a "klämdag" ("squeeze day"), which is a day between a holiday and another holiday or weekend, so many people will have tomorrow off as well, making for a fantastic four-day weekend. Next time, hold the pandemic pls

As always, I'm celebrating without my mother's cooking. The little one has been excitedly shouting "eid mubarak!" at everyone all day, and absolutely lost her shit over the new dress my mum sent her. Then she cried for an hour when she had to take it off because she was getting food all over it. Then she ate more food than she ever eats—including my garlic naan and my lamb samosa—before proceeding to boss us around for a few hours. I'm gonna try to take some time off for Eid next year, so that she can celebrate properly with my mother in Sthlm.

A Swedish minister tweeted an Eid greeting and constipated racists went nuts because she didn't also wish everyone a happy Ascension Day, which nobody in the history of Sweden has ever done. Strange times.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Eid mubarak.

Glad you had a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.