Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cultists

Default Cultists

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shrin...people-in-head

""It was also a public service," she said. "I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a f–king favor."

Later in the talk, Khilanani claimed that conversing with white people about racial issues was "useless because they are at the wrong level of conversation."

Obviously an unhinged racist but lets see if the nutter suffers any professional harm. My bet is likely no because of societies absurd double standards when it comes to racism.

Lewk, a quarter of Republicans support the key tenets of QAnon, a majority of Republicans believe Trump won the election and is still president, and this is the cult you're worried about?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I can understand Lewk being quite embarrassed about the way the Republican Party has developed over the last couple of years, and reaching towards whataboutism.

The same can be said about Lewk being a racist and reaching towards whataboutisms (like the Asian thread) not to have to deal with that either. Those guys are allowed to be racist by the left/liberal/meanstreamedia/sock puppet/entity, so it's ok when I am.

It's bollocks of course, but I can understand it.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Shame is a helluva drug
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shrin...people-in-head

""It was also a public service," she said. "I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a f–king favor."

Later in the talk, Khilanani claimed that conversing with white people about racial issues was "useless because they are at the wrong level of conversation."

Obviously an unhinged racist but lets see if the nutter suffers any professional harm. My bet is likely no because of societies absurd double standards when it comes to racism.

Tell you what. After the nutter actually follows through with it, the local DA hands off the decision to press charges to another district because they're "conflicted" and that other DA declines to prosecute because it was clearly self-defense, I'll consider your thoughts about double standards. Because when all that happened with three white guys driving down and murdering a black guy, you insisted there was no racism and the kid had it coming. We'll just dig up some minor crime in the victim's past. You already think that automatically makes a killer guiltless. When the killer is white, anyway.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, a quarter of Republicans support the key tenets of QAnon, a majority of Republicans believe Trump won the election and is still president, and this is the cult you're worried about?
    Don't be silly - I'm sure there are some flat earth type true believers who think Trump is still the president but the majority of the people making the claim on social media and literally trolling (like most flat earthers on-line).
    Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I can understand Lewk being quite embarrassed about the way the Republican Party has developed over the last couple of years, and reaching towards whataboutism.

The same can be said about Lewk being a racist and reaching towards whataboutisms (like the Asian thread) not to have to deal with that either. Those guys are allowed to be racist by the left/liberal/meanstreamedia/sock puppet/entity, so it's ok when I am.

It's bollocks of course, but I can understand it.
    Racism is always wrong. People should always be judged on their merits and what they do not by something superficial like being born with a certain skin tone. The CRT gang thinks differently and should be called out.

*sniff* smells like a cultist in here
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Racism is always wrong. People should always be judged on their merits and what they do not by something superficial like being born with a certain skin tone. The CRT gang thinks differently and should be called out.
    I won't hold my breath until you out of the blue start a thread criticising white racists.

You won't, because you're a white supremacist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I won't hold my breath until you out of the blue start a thread criticising white racists.

You won't, because you're a white supremacist.
    So you want me to start a Joe Biden thread about his various racial statements over the last 30 years? :0 Or did you want me to go international and point out Justin Trudeau's various bouts of blackface?

Don't start any threads.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

What amazes me is the strange media coverage nowadays. They take a character you like or dislike and give good or bad news. This could trigger reactions of "finally karmic justice" or ragebait. MSM lost its "orange man bad" and they are trying to find a replacement to keep ratings up. So they try to demonize Star Wars fans or Russian women presumed spies for making TikTok videos on make up or any other ludicrous potential replacement of orange man. They are desperate because they need the clickbait to not be fired.
    Racist Twitter bans a black president of Nigeria and Twitter complains about freedom of speech when Nigeria bans Twitter for being white supremacists.
    The marketing of attention reaches ludicrous levels. We even see feelings becoming news.
    "CEO feels happy about recent acquisition" "Company panics due to..."
    When Gamestop was a thing CNN advised to buy silver which had price going down.
    NYT, NPR and WaPo said flu was more dangerous than COVID. Vox even said there is no pandemic. CNN said hydroxicloriwhatever was not helpful and it also was helpful.
    Fauci said masks not needed and also they are needed.
    Everything in MSM is eternal hyperbolic callouts in a desperate attempt to gain crumbs of rating.
    Sometimes I feel I woke up in the wrong universe...
    Last edited by ar81; 06-07-2021 at 11:44 PM.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

I see that Lewk is still trying to have (some) potentially interesting discussions... but as he brings a poisoned well with him everywhere he goes...auto derail...

I think it would be awesome to ignore him in particular and just discuss the interesting stuff he DOES bring up, just not with him.

And it kills me...I agree with ar81 in part.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I see that Lewk is still trying to have (some) potentially interesting discussions... but as he brings a poisoned well with him everywhere he goes...auto derail...

I think it would be awesome to ignore him in particular and just discuss the interesting stuff he DOES bring up, just not with him.

And it kills me...I agree with ar81 in part.
    I'm inclined to agree. I struggle to see why some seem to have such difficulty holding two things in their minds at once. Why can one not denounce this obviously violent and racist rhetoric and also denounce violent and racist rhetoric on the right. You aren't giving up anything to Lewk by admitting the obvious - racism and violence is not bound by party affiliation.

Are we supposed to be shocked that there are indeed racists in every racial group?

Are we supposed to be shocked that there are indeed racists in every racial group?
    No, but it might be shocking that they are being asked to speak at Yale’s Child Study Center.

Yeah, in Yale, that bastion of wokeness. Not so big on that whole free speech thing anymore, eh?

Yeah, in Yale, that bastion of wokeness. Not so big on that whole free speech thing anymore, eh?
    You really struggle with my stance on free speech, don't you? Once again, my support of free speech does not mean that I believe it is good, productive, or wise to invite racists to share violent rhetoric at a school of medicine. I do not believe simply that because speech should be free from government interference, all speech is valuable, or good. I don't think that she should be sanctioned by the government for holding or sharing her abhorrent beliefs, but I also don't think she needs to be given a soap box to stand on either. I would be similarly "shocked" if a member of the Aryan Brotherhood was invited to speak at Yale about The Psychopathic Problem of the Black Mind, and doubly so if the talk was then described by attendees as brilliant.

Maybe a better question is, why aren't you?
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-09-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Where were you when Trumpist groups were inviting far right trolls to college campuses?

Where were you when Trumpist groups were inviting far right trolls to college campuses?
    Holding the same position that I always have? I don't think it is good, productive, or wise to give Milo a soap box either.

However, was Milo being invited to speak at the campus by student groups, or was he being invited to speak to students, faculty, and staff on behalf of the school for continuing education credits to fulfill licensure requirements? Were there protests, walkouts, and violence when she was invited to give this presentation? Was the event canceled because her safety and security could not be guaranteed? Did anyone bat an eye before Bari Weiss decided to write about it?
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-09-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. I struggle to see why some seem to have such difficulty holding two things in their minds at once. Why can one not denounce this obviously violent and racist rhetoric and also denounce violent and racist rhetoric on the right. You aren't giving up anything to Lewk by admitting the obvious - racism and violence is not bound by party affiliation.
    We are giving up things to Lewk doing that, actually. I worked for over a decade to be the reasonable voice when Lewk would start up, here and before on CC. It's not worth it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    We are giving up things to Lewk doing that, actually. I worked for over a decade to be the reasonable voice when Lewk would start up, here and before on CC. It's not worth it.
    What is it that you feel you are giving up by admitting what is both true, and patently obvious, and to whom do you think you are giving it up?

And I see that Loki still won't directly answer a question either.

Maybe it's a thing with names that start with L.

Petty humor aside. Yale DID try to block this from going public...either they figured out the mess they had on their hands or they just wanted to not let the general public know what a bunch of freaking loons they are.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Or just like with Milo, a single idiot arranged the talk and no one higher up the food chain did any due diligence. Do you know how many talks happen on a college campus in a given week? Do you think anyone bothers vetting the speakers unless they were tipped off in advance?

Or just like with Milo, a single idiot arranged the talk and no one higher up the food chain did any due diligence. Do you know how many talks happen on a college campus in a given week? Do you think anyone bothers vetting the speakers unless they were tipped off in advance?
    I would certainly hope that someone would bother to vet a speaker who was presenting for continuing education credits, especially for a medical school in an Ivy League institution, however even in this most charitable reading of the course of events, one might be able to deduce the content and subject matter from the college supplied brief.

Again, what would the expected result be if this had been a member of the Aryan Brotherhood who was invited to speak? Maybe the fact that this didn't raise red flags is more telling than if it had. This wasn't the off topic ramblings of an invited speaker who wandered off-script, this was the entire purpose of this lecture, and the speaker certainly hasn't been shy about her views.

This sounds like a weekly discussion series sponsored by some center (of which Yale probably has a few dozen). Which is to say, no one with any power to block this would even know this talk was happening unless someone tipped them off to this.

And Milo did talk on numerous campuses, so I don't understand your point. The fact there were no protests is because of A) the kind of people who go to Yale Med School and B) this being a really low-key event.

And if you need evidence, I personally invited a somewhat controversial (not for the normal reasons) speaker. They even got a few hundred bucks for coming. No one seriously questioned me. As long as the talk was within normal parameters (location, time, honorarium amount), no one cares.

This sounds like a weekly discussion series sponsored by some center (of which Yale probably has a few dozen). Which is to say, no one with any power to block this would even know this talk was happening unless someone tipped them off to this.

And Milo did talk on numerous campuses, so I don't understand your point. The fact there were no protests is because of A) the kind of people who go to Yale Med School and B) this being a really low-key event.

And if you need evidence, I personally invited a somewhat controversial (not for the normal reasons) speaker. They even got a few hundred bucks for coming. No one seriously questioned me. As long as the talk was within normal parameters (location, time, honorarium amount), no one cares.
    For the record, I have never invited a controversial speaker to give a talk. Although there was that one guy who went a bit far in extending his hypothesis for how marrow stromal cells can have beneficial paracrine effects... I was a bit uncomfortable.

(In all seriousness, you're right that this was likely decided by at most one or two people and likely attended by only a handful... and while they admittedly had poor taste for a clearly unhinged thesis, the scope of the poor judgment is quite limited.)
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I would simply debate Aruna Khilanani in the market place of ideas.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    What is it that you feel you are giving up by admitting what is both true, and patently obvious, and to whom do you think you are giving it up?
    A hit of affirmation to Lewk for his obnoxiousness. I think it's counter-productive to give him any degree of positive reinforcement for his behavior.

Yale condemned this woman, as did several professors who attended the talk. It looks like her Manhattan office has closed down. Yale said it only uploaded her talk online in respect of the woman's free speech. Wokeness gone wild.