Thread: GB News launches in UK, immediately making dystopian scifi movies seem more realistic

Default GB News launches in UK, immediately making dystopian scifi movies seem more realistic

Simultaneously the most ludicrous and most creepy thing I've seen this week:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Oh, a new echo chamber. Just what we needed. OTOH it will be easy to know where the nonsense comes from.
    Congratulations America

Was that recorded with a webcam?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Simultaneously the most ludicrous and most creepy thing I've seen this week:
    When he says a "wider range of voices", he means it. They just hired a journalist from RT (Hanisha Sethi). Putin's voice has clearly not been heard loudly enough in British homes.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Do you claim that RT stands for Russia Today? How dare you. But maybe the investors in this channel could benefit from segments in Russian.
    Congratulations America

Put it on for a few minutes to see what all the fuss was about, switched it off a few minutes later.

The sound and picture quality is absolutely awful. The studio picture is pixellated. A Samsung S10 would film a better picture quality than that it seems, I don't know what they're playing at.

No intention of watching this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

GB News has seen several companies withdraw their support since it launched, with company announcements adding to the humiliation. Neil's response:

Last edited by Aimless; 06-16-2021 at 09:19 AM.

He's not a dumbass he's entirely correct, but unsurprising that someone so insecure and threatened as yourself, who is so emotionally fragile that sulks and mopes about and can't stand losing a debate, would rather have an echo chamber of people agreeing with him is threatened by someone as intelligent and impartial as Neil who can take on and demolish dipshits from all corners.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    GB News has seen several companies withdraw their support since it launched, with company announcements adding to the humiliation. Neil's response:

Was IKEA France involved in this sponsorship decision at all?
    Congratulations America

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/18/w...news-neil.html

I guess being told who to resent is more important than quality of programming.

GBN—Grievance-Based News

Its amusing to see company after company realise they've been had by Stop Funding Hate, a notorious extreme left Corbynist Twitter group. All the companies quoted as withdrawing their advertising have now quite rapidly put out face saving statements denying that they're judging the channel and instead saying things like that they're reviewing the situation and don't advertise on new channels.

GB News has had poor quality teething problems in the first week but the one thing that's been missing from any criticism of them is . . . anything hateful.

If after six days on the air the only thing that can be said is that they've had emails in from Mike Hunt, Mike Oxlong and someone mooning them for a microsecond in the mirror then that's just juvenile.

Fox News it isn't.

PS odd final line by the NYT unless there's an American euphemism that I'm unaware of but "young people" engaged in "happy talk" isn't exactly the angry boomer network that was being predicted by the hatefilled left.

Let's be honest, given how they're clearly going after the pro-Brexit voter, this is going to be your go-to news channel within a few months (if not earlier). Can't wait to see threads from you about critical race theory.

Pro-Brexit voters are most of the country, surely all news channels should be going after those as viewers? If they're not, there's something wrong. Not that Brexit has anything to do with CRT which I really couldn't give less of a f**k about, that's an American obsession.

Incidentally there's so far absolutely no evidence of them being biased, indeed they have quite a varied selection of presenters including former Labour politicians and Remain campaigners.

The other channels follow British law as it pertains to impartiality.

You realize that moronic crap from two different perspectives is simply double the moronic crap, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The other channels follow British law as it pertains to impartiality.

You realize that moronic crap from two different perspectives is simply double the moronic crap, right?
    GB News follows British law as it pertains to impartiality. This thread and the NYT link etc are pointedly missing any lack of impartiality.

Moronic crap from two different perspectives is how Sky News and BBC News operate. Get an extremist from A and an extremist from the other side to oppose them, then sit back as they shout over each other. That's how Sky operates.

Let's be honest, given how they're clearly going after the pro-Brexit voter, this is going to be your go-to news channel within a few months (if not earlier). Can't wait to see threads from you about critical race theory.
    It's a natural phase in their life cycle but now you've gone and ruined the experiment

I'm guessing the hot topics will be

Harry and Meghan
    Taking the knee
    Cancel culture
    Trans people
    Flags
    Statues
    Portraits of the queen
    E-scooters
    The BBC
    Harry and Meghan

Pretty much everything Johnson wants us to to talk about.

And of course they will explain how disliking Meghan has got nothing to do with racism, but that she's an angry black woman who brought it all upon her self.
    Congratulations America

Think GB News will just end up being a more culture-war focused TV version of Spectator, ie. pretty bad wrt journalistic and intellectual standards but a good way to give idiots cover and to launder the most repugnant far-right ideas for mainstream English public discourse.

Probably.
    Congratulations America

It will be fair and balanced.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

GB News: a true victory for British free speech.

Sounds like the British version of Fox. Infotainment posing as "news".

GB News: a true victory for British free speech.

Huh? Why are they contradicting themselves while relying too themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if they had contradicted themselves and someone pointed it out, but they're replying to themselves
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I used to be an journalist, but then I took a knee.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Huh? Why are they contradicting themselves while relying too themselves? I wouldn't be surprised if they had contradicted themselves and someone pointed it out, but they're replying to themselves
    The next tweet is that they fired the journalist. They're pretending to care about free speech while trying to keep their xenophobic audience happy.