Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire

Default A Song of Ice and Fire

The algorithm is still occasionally showing me stuff about G. R. R. Martin and his failing (or lacking) attempts to finish the series, or the next book for that matter. I used to care, but nowadays I notice that I really don't care at all any longer. If 'Winter is coming' ever materializes I probably will still get it but if it doesn't I won't be missing it. And if I can assure Mr Martin of one thing it's that I'm not going to be spending time or money on his regurgitating more and more Westeros trivia.

Martin may not be my bitch, but neither am I his.

Anybody else here who was a fan but by now has stopped caring?
    Congratulations America

About 16 years ago lol.

I started the series in 2000 and read the first three books, simply because A Game of Thrones had an endorsement by Robert Jordan on its cover; but then in 2005 when A Feast for Crows came out I went to get it but decided that it was frustrating enough waiting for every Robert Jordan book to be released, I didn't fancy doing that with another series, so I'd leave it until the series was finished and then restart it.

Then I had little idea that the TV series would become a phenomenon, or more critically that Martin would in the following sixteen years only release just one extra book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Same here. Started reading the books when season 3 came out. Up to a few years ago, if I'd see stone news article stating that this time the next book really is coming soon, I got my hopes up. Now I just don't really care anymore (and doubt we'll ever see it anyway).

I did like the ASOIAF mod for crusader kings a lot though, if they make that for CK3 I'll probably play that.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!