Thread: TSR deplatformed

Default TSR deplatformed

TSR, creators of Dungeons and Dragons and other games, have been deplatformed and cancelled.
    Banned from Gen Con and Origins Game Fair.
    Smear campaign. Bunch of psychos without a life ruining tabletop gaming.
    Last edited by ar81; 06-29-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Not following the story, but this "new" TSR is not the TSR that created D&D etc - Wizards of the Coast owns that TSR.

I've no idea how they're able to use the same name. I'd have expected TSR to be copyrighted by WotC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It seems the son of the creator is leading the way and being targeted for pleasing fans. Pleasing fans is so unpopular among internet bullies these days. The reason why I left Star Wars.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

It seems he's more being targeted for being a douche (and bad at running a company).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Abstruse/...64843101360130
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Do you know if this link is legit?
    https://tsr.games/ols/products/xn-gi...-boxed-set-8jb

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I've no idea how they're able to use the same name. I'd have expected TSR to be copyrighted by WotC.
    Trademarked, not copyrighted. WotC let their rights lapse. There's actually two companies using the name now.

Yes, trademark, my mistake.

I'm surprised WotC let it lapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.