Thread: Theresa May as next NATO Secretary General?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Theresa May as next NATO Secretary General?

I saw somebody suggest this elsewhere, apparently Theresa May is putting her name forwards to be the next Secretary General of NATO. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1865083.html

I can not think of a worse possible suggestion. She has zero people skills, is utterly atrocious, was a dismal failure as PM and awful as Home Secretary. I have no respect for her, quit the party when she led it, voted for another party for the only time since 2002 while she was leading it as a result.

NATO is a strained alliance with disparate nations with differing countries wanting to pull it in different directions, or to not have it at all. Theresa May was dreadful in handling a similar situation with Brexit, why would anyone give her a second thought for doing that with NATO.

Could just imagine with her in NATO a thermonuclear war would break out with her standing there saying "Nothing has changed".

(I made that graphic, I know its not what he says in the movie, but it was her catchphrase as PM)

Does anybody think this is remotely a good idea? The only good thing I could see from it, is it would get her out of the Commons. But we shouldn't inflict that upon NATO.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 07-02-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.