Thread: Theresa May as next NATO Secretary General?

Default Theresa May as next NATO Secretary General?

I saw somebody suggest this elsewhere, apparently Theresa May is putting her name forwards to be the next Secretary General of NATO. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1865083.html

I can not think of a worse possible suggestion. She has zero people skills, is utterly atrocious, was a dismal failure as PM and awful as Home Secretary. I have no respect for her, quit the party when she led it, voted for another party for the only time since 2002 while she was leading it as a result.

NATO is a strained alliance with disparate nations with differing countries wanting to pull it in different directions, or to not have it at all. Theresa May was dreadful in handling a similar situation with Brexit, why would anyone give her a second thought for doing that with NATO.

Could just imagine with her in NATO a thermonuclear war would break out with her standing there saying "Nothing has changed".

(I made that graphic, I know its not what he says in the movie, but it was her catchphrase as PM)

Does anybody think this is remotely a good idea? The only good thing I could see from it, is it would get her out of the Commons. But we shouldn't inflict that upon NATO.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 07-02-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Yep that's the one!

Although this is one reason why she would be good for the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.