Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will U.S. Support the Taliban When Russia Attacks Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I don't go to twitter to get more details so, meh.
    What?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    What?
    There is not enough information in your post for me to agree or disagree with your stance.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

There is not enough information in your post for me to agree or disagree with your stance.
    What exactly does that have to do with Twitter?

What exactly does that have to do with Twitter?
    For me to knowledgeably Debate and Discuss your post I would need to go to twitter to learn what it is that sours you toward the USA.

For me to knowledgeably Debate and Discuss your post I would need to go to twitter to learn what it is that sours you toward the USA.
    There is a link to a New York Times article in my post. Do you read linked New York Times articles to get more details? Is that a thing you do sometimes? The decision has been covered by pretty much every major anglophone news outlet in the world. Do you visit such outlets, sometimes? Just curious.

There is a link to a New York Times article in my post. Do you read linked New York Times articles to get more details? Is that a thing you do sometimes? The decision has been covered by pretty much every major anglophone news outlet in the world. Do you visit such outlets, sometimes? Just curious.
    Those links pass me through twitter. Are you on their payroll? Why not post the direct link so I don't have to tell twitter what I am interested in reading?

There is a link to a New York Times article in my post.
    I don't see a link to the NYT in that post.

All I see is
    Twitter Link (there is a hyperlink there, I replaced it with the formatting that actually gets displayed to me)

Fucked up. The US is really a shithole country.
    and that's it. I have to follow the link and load twitter (sometimes requiring I disable some script protections, sometimes not) in order to view whatever it is you want. When you put images into your posts, I never see those either. I have to guess from context in the post that there is something there.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Those links pass me through twitter. Are you on their payroll? Why not post the direct link so I don't have to tell twitter what I am interested in reading?
    You're quite capable of googling anything you're interested in, and, if you follow news even half-heartedly, you've read about the decision already. Your initial objection was that you "don't go to twitter to get more details" and now you're saying the issue is that you don't wanna go "through" Twitter. Fair enough, people are free to change their stories. But, if you're interested in the issue, you either know about it already, or can Google an article about it in 2 seconds flat. Whichever path you choose, it's all but certain that Twitter, Facebook, Google, and a host of other companies will know what you're about to read with a few microseconds of you loading an article.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I don't see a link to the NYT in that post.

All I see is

and that's it. I have to follow the link and load twitter (sometimes requiring I disable some script protections, sometimes not) in order to view whatever it is you want. When you put images into your posts, I never see those either. I have to guess from context in the post that there is something there.
    Sadly, this sounds like a bug. The article is about Biden's decision to take Afghans' money and give much of that money to the families of 9/11 victims. Notwithstanding how fucked up it is to use that money for aid, it's just gross to use half of it to compensate 9/11 victims. Articles go into more detail re. how he was able to do this and give more context re. how US policy has impacted specific aspects of Afghanistan's economy.
    Last edited by Aimless; 02-12-2022 at 04:24 PM.

You're quite capable of googling anything you're interested in, and, if you follow news even half-heartedly, you've read about the decision already. Your initial objection was that you "don't go to twitter to get more details" and now you're saying the issue is that you don't wanna go "through" Twitter. Fair enough, people are free to change their stories. But, if you're interested in the issue, you either know about it already, or can Google an article about it in 2 seconds flat. Whichever path you choose, it's all but certain that Twitter, Facebook, Google, and a host of other companies will know what you're about to read with a few microseconds of you loading an article.
    Story didn't change, through implies to. You can't go through something without go to it.

... The article is about Biden's decision to take Afghans' money and give much of that money to the families of 9/11 victims. Notwithstanding how fucked up it is to use that money for aid, it's just gross to use half of it to compensate 9/11 victims. Articles go into more detail re. how he was able to do this and give more context re. how US policy has impacted specific aspects of Afghanistan's economy.

Fucked up. The US is really a shithole country.
    It is still in the courts. Final outcome is yet to come. What Biden did was establish the administration's position on the subject as required by the court.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-9-11-families

While there are many things I agree with you on that makes the USA a shithole country, this is not one of them. Your reaction reminds me of how Lewk reacts over each and every thing that in his mind make liberals look bad.